Grandads shouting again.

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
misterpop

Grandads shouting again.

Post by misterpop »

UK readers this applies to us the rest of the world you may have your own system.
Right you know the scene everyones gone out and we settle down to a nice couple of hours doing our own thing,modelling painting listening to a nice podcast making a cake for tea, you all have those things you like to do when every ones gone and left you alone. :o

Ring ring--ring ring-- :evil:

Must answer that it may be important.

Its not its some one telling you you had an accident or telling you your phone and wi fi is being cut off or it could be your bank wanting you to ugrade something----Its not.-- :x

You hang up swearing,smashing the phone or worse worrying you gave out your bank details and panicking and ring your bank straight away to cancel life in case your being ripped off.

Heres what to do as advised by BT to me this week.

As soon as you hang up before another call comes in dial [dial??] tap 1572 you will be asked to press 1 if you want that caller blocking.Jobs a good one and will make you feel a lot better having actualy done something about it and maybe the next time your on your own for a couple of peace time to get something done.. :D

You cant let me know if it works due to the nature of the way it works but good luck and stay safe people. :D :D :D :D :D
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
Tinman

Re: Grandads shouting again.

Post by Tinman »

That sounds like old time "days gone by" land line kind of stuff.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

It sure is Space cowboy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Well we all know what BT initials are for...Before Technology!!!
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Ah Kevin glad you popped in...6 sales last week and 4 of them where in Buckingham...Is it you boosting my sales good buddy?.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

misterpop wrote:Ah Kevin glad you popped in...6 sales last week and 4 of them where in Buckingham...Is it you boosting my sales good buddy?.
Sadly no Ian, not me this time. My income is stretched across food for my Cat and all the house bills and nothing else. If there is any left I can at least eat for week!

Buying toy cars has gone right down the list of priorities!
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:My income is stretched across food for my Cat...
Glad to see you've got your priorities sorted out correctly!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Idris wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote:My income is stretched across food for my Cat...
Glad to see you've got your priorities sorted out correctly!
''Lucky'' is my direct link to my parents and now both have gone he means so much to me, so I make sure he has his food and treats before I do!
francipe

Post by francipe »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Well we all know what BT initials are for...Before Technology!!!
Ghosty,
As an ex-employee and pension recipient of that telecommunications giant I must take issue with your choice of words. I only worked in what started life as the Data Processing Department and by the time I left 30 years later we no longer used Leo 326 computers powered by valves.

I've just upgraded to the new FTP broadband service and ditched the landline in the process. I'm still astonished that in this day and age people still use their home phones but each to their own.

Finally can I plead with all members to switch to BT Broadband as this will help guarantee my pension for a few more years. :lol:
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

francipe wrote:I'm still astonished that in this day and age people still use their home phones but each to their own.

:
That'll be me then! Damn newfangled mobiles :lol:
Bob