73a model

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
kerbside

73a model

Post by kerbside »

DSCN8654-001.JPG
The variations that were discussed in another post.

One with rear Silver trim, and the other with a gap

between the tank and the body of the model.

This variation is unlisted

George T.
Idris
Site Admin

Re: 73a model

Post by Idris »

There are actually two variations which have the gap between the tank and the rear bumper. Both concern the chassis rails immediately above the twin rear axles. The first, and by far the most difficult version to find, has a single elongated slot, whilst the second version has a vertical brace mid-way between the axles, dividing the slot into two. Details can be found here.
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

Idris wrote:There are actually two variations which have the gap between the tank and the rear bumper. Both concern the chassis rails immediately above the twin rear axles. The first, and by far the most difficult version to find, has a single elongated slot, whilst the second version has a vertical brace mid-way between the axles, dividing the slot into two. Details can be found here.
The photo George has posted here and in the Maarten thread is actually not the same as Maarten’s model but does follow it in terms of timeline.

There are three known variations with the open area above the bumper and below the tank at the rear. What George’s photo does not show is that his model has the two slots on the side filled in.
It also has the thin rectangular brace the same as the two earlier single slot and two slot model.

When I visited George prior to the Covid situation I took numerous photos of the model and I was to post this variation along with other new info as part of a complete model review. Seeing that it has come up here it seems appropriate to add the photos now.

I too now have this variation which I now believe is the hardest to find. I am also waiting on another 73a which is somewhere in the postal system so the information on this model could change once again. ;)

Here are two images of this unlisted variation.

Bert
Attachments
73a closed slot open end.jpg
73a full view of underside.JPG
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Very interesting Bert. I wasn't aware of that third variation.
Yes, I would agree that closed slot and open gap is definitely scarcer than the other two (and also a whole lot more difficult to spot).