Every model tells a story

Corgi & Husky toys by Mettoy
Bill Manzke

Every model tells a story

Post by Bill Manzke »

Every model tells a story. This sad Rolls-Royce was a pristine new-in-box model that went through a fire. I couldn't resist the poor thing when I saw it on a seller's table in the scorched box (which I had to toss due to the smell.) It obviously experienced a fire before finding a buyer. Even the proud hood ornament curled over from the heat. It is obvious what parts are plastic versus diecast. The diecast roof rack is now brittle, as can be seen by the broken-off bits around the edge.

The seller I bought this from was British. The rolls would have been the right vintage to have been in the Swansea warehouse during the fire in 1969, but I'll never be able to prove that at this point. I still think it's cute.
Attachments
Slides_013.jpg
At the beach, counting down to retirement.
misterpop

Re: Every model tells a story

Post by misterpop »

LOve it..Lets see some more everyone.
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Indeed, that Rolls-Royce has the open springs casting so is the earlier of the two distinct issues made from 1966 to 1969.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

That was a smokin' hot deal! Puts a literal meaning to "Fire Sale." More proof that you have a burning passion for collecting.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

I showed this before but think it deserves another outing.Bought it out of a model railway shop about 12 years ago and left it on the dashboard while I finished the shopping.

Global warming...

DSCF5781.JPG
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
Bill Manzke

Post by Bill Manzke »

Ouch!
At the beach, counting down to retirement.