Yesteryear Y5-1 1/2 "what if" Pre-production Blower Bentley

Any brand, any year, show us your projects.
Tinman

Yesteryear Y5-1 1/2 "what if" Pre-production Blower Bentley

Post by Tinman »

Here's one I had fun with, introducing the "Y5-1 1/2" (or in modern terms Y5-1.5) Blower Bentley.

My thoughts were "what if" there was a pre-production model that was half way between the Y5-1 and the Y5-2. Well here's my version of just such a thing. See if you can spot all the modifications that were made to a Y5-2 to make the Y5-1.5 (I count 12 modifications, answers in next following post). Last two pics show a real Y5-1 alongside the Tinman Y5-1.5

Y5.5 1.jpg
Y5.5 2.jpg
Y5.5 4.jpg
Y5.5 3.jpg
Y5.5 6.jpg
Y5.5 5.jpg
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Tinman

Re: Yesteryear's Y5-1 1/2 Pre-production Blower Bentley

Post by Tinman »

Here's the answers to the above post.
Attachments
Y5-1.1 blower Bentley answers.jpg
Tinman

Re: Yesteryear Y5-1 1/2 "what if" Pre-production Blower Bent

Post by Tinman »

OK, I guess this one was a "miss" on the hit or miss scale. No one liked it, perhaps some were confused and wondered why bother, etc. The Y5-2 came in a lot deal and was missing the windscreen, the headlight assembly was 80% missing, brake lever broken, spare missing, fenders bent and damaged interior. I thought it was a good save. Regardless, it was fun to make an and interesting study (for me) on the differences between the two models.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

I've only just seen this. An interesting experiment involving a lot of work. I like to see this kind of work, better than just making copies of existing models in my opinion.
All your work is quality, of course, I just prefer to see a bit of the invention you're so good at rather than just copies of existing models.
Bob
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

While there is no doubt about the quality of the work involved in creating this model, I have mixed feelings about it. I really don't know if I like it!

Nobody on this forum likes Bentley more than I do but this one...it just seems wrong maybe because it is not a native Bentley design but something a toy company may have made!
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

I love to get feedback, good or bad.  Here is one (I think) thumbs up and one thumbs down. 

Even better is that both fella's give extended comments. 

Thank you both for the kind comments.  Kevin's comments I'm taking as a back-handed compliment as he's compared my model to "something a toy company may have made."  Tinman's Toy Company: We make the Good, the Bad and the Ugly LOL.  I did have fun making this one and salvaging a beat up model always gives me a good feeling (even if it is ugly). :)