phosphated by a huge fire machine

Corgi & Husky toys by Mettoy
MOKOSEX

phosphated by a huge fire machine

Post by MOKOSEX »

i recently picked this "1977/8 look in annual" and thought this article maybe of interest hence the post,the title comes from the text.
"phosphated by a huge fire machine" this is the machine to be on this time of year ! :D
" D,ont for get to click the pics to read the text" :shock:
dave
Attachments
DSCN9302.JPG
DSCN9303.JPG
Squid

Re: phosphated by a huge fire machine

Post by Squid »

A huge fire machine sounds good right about now! Sadly, I never gave a second thought to beating up my models as a kid.
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

Squid wrote:A huge fire machine sounds good right about now! Sadly, I never gave a second thought to beating up my models as a kid.
The only new in the box i can remember was a matchbox superfast white hoovercraft,all my others came from jumble sales :D ,i was more into actionman,aeroplanes etc
dave
Squid

Post by Squid »

Being born in 1978, few--if any--of my childhood models were Lesney products. I don't recall owning anything larger than a 1-75, so no childhood Corgis for me. Thiugh I did fall far and hard into that rabbit hole as an adult!
Bill Manzke

Post by Bill Manzke »

Squid wrote:Being born in 1978, few--if any--of my childhood models were Lesney products. I don't recall owning anything larger than a 1-75, so no childhood Corgis for me. Though I did fall far and hard into that rabbit hole as an adult!
You're making me feel old. I was a junior in college in 1978!
At the beach, counting down to retirement.
Squid

Post by Squid »

Bill, I didn't mean it to come across that way.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

The two of you are making me feel even older. I was already six years out of the Army well into my first career at that point. Goodness, I'm as old as dirt :lol: :o :?
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

I was 13 in 1978,so this maybe not the first time i have encountered this annual,flicking through it, 1978 wasn,t so bad,we had star wars,close encounters of the third kind,at the pictures,logans run and ufo ,doctor who ,and charlies angels,bionic man and woman ,the fonz ,tomorrows people and benny hill on the telly :D (three channels remember that :D )i thought i would never say this but those were the days :lol:
dave
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

MOKOSEX wrote:I was 13 in 1978,so this maybe not the first time i have encountered this annual,flicking through it, 1978 wasn,t so bad,we had star wars,close encounters of the third kind,at the pictures,logans run and ufo ,doctor who ,and charlies angels,bionic man and woman ,the fonz ,tomorrows people and benny hill on the telly :D (three channels remember that :D )i thought i would never say this but those were the days :lol:
dave
Here speaks a Man who knows good telly when he sees it!

I was only 20 in 1978 and those three TV channels were all we needed, not like today with endless unherd of tv companies jumping onto the freeview platform just to give us more reality and food based programmes like it is a new idea!
Bill Manzke

Post by Bill Manzke »

Squid wrote:Bill, I didn't mean it to come across that way.
Not to worry. I plan to be around for a long time!
At the beach, counting down to retirement.