16c model

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
kerbside

16c model

Post by kerbside »

DSCN8554-001.JPG
The 16c Code 4 have looked for this one for ever, I was beginning to think that it was

a "Unicorn". With open steps on the Left and closed steps on the Right.

Got it at a BIN price, do not think the seller knew that it was very scarce.

George T.
yellowfoden

Re: 16c model

Post by yellowfoden »

Very nice George and a great photo showing both sides at once. I knew you were chasing that variation and had been keeping an eye out for you without success.

Pleased another spot for a hard to find variation is filled.

Merry Christmas to you and the family.

Bert and family
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Thank you Bert, and a Very Merry Christmas to all your family.

Also all the best for 2021.

George T.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

nice find george...i have a couple of these...one im on the look out for is the closed steps and closed base hole if it exists
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

That is indeed a tough one to find.  Some of those casting modifications came nearly back to back making certain codes very tough to find on several different models.

My Unicorn is the 11c Stannard Code 6 & 7.  I've yet to even find another collector that has either (does anyone here have either one?).
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Squid

Post by Squid »

Tinman wrote:My Unicorn is the 11c Stannard Code 6 & 7.
Not me. However, when I return to browsing eBay regularly, I'll scrutinize every 11C I run across (as I already do with 6Cs, 30Cs, and 44Cs).

And congratulations to George on a nice find. Great photo, too...I must remember that mirror trick!
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

Squid wrote:
Tinman wrote:My Unicorn is the 11c Stannard Code 6 & 7.
Not me. However, when I return to browsing eBay regularly, I'll scrutinize every 11C I run across (as I already do with 6Cs, 30Cs, and 44Cs).

And congratulations to George on a nice find. Great photo, too...I must remember that mirror trick!
i can guess what 30c you are looking for...but what 6c and 44c is on your radar?
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
Squid

Post by Squid »

Brad Pittiful wrote:I can guess what 30c you are looking for...but what 6c and 44c is on your radar?
6C with white hydrosleeve and 44C with no door stop. I'm not actively looking for them, but I check every one in mixed lots.