Bad listing practices aren't reportable

Anything eBay, Tell us your story, win lose or warn!
Squid

Bad listing practices aren't reportable

Post by Squid »

Recently I've run across a couple of shysters who have engaged in some bad listing practices. The first was selling a Corgi Morris Mini-Minor, and asking over $9 for First Class shipping. That is malarkey, plain and simple; even Priority shipping would cost less!

The second was not a die-cast, but an item claimed to be."vintage 1970s." However, both the box and the item were labeled "made in China." The manufacturer did not produce that type of item in China until the 1990s.

I know: do your due diligence, caveat emptor, and all. In the first case, eBay is unlikely to care, as that's a few extra pennies for them. In the second case, perhaps the seller is merely uninformed.

Do I have legitimate gripes here, or am I just being grouchy?
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Bad listing practices aren't reportable

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

You are just being observent.
Diecastmolester

Post by Diecastmolester »

99% of all professional eBay listings are fraudulent, because the sellers fail to include the cancellation policy, which they are obliged to do under the Distance Selling Act.

Do you want to report them all?
You are actually legally obliged to report them, because it is a criminal offence.
Cowydd O'Lochdown-Bragsitt
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

There is a maximum shipping cost rule for specific categories. But, that's usually higher than what's needed for 1:64 & smaller models. However: If a seller lists shipping as "Expedited" and quotes a cost for a more expensive service (which might include tracking and signature required) and then ships the item via the cheapest method ... that is not allowed and they need to refund you the difference. Take a photo of the package when it arrives and then send that along with a screen capture of their listing showing the more expensive method being listed.  This also goes for USA sellers that list "Priority Mail or "Expedited" shipping and then send an item via First Class parcel.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."