New Member..Hello

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
mtchbx

New Member..Hello

Post by mtchbx »

Hello everybody,
I am a new member from the Boston area. I collected years ago but kids and such took up a lot of my time and money so I paused my hobby for a number of years. I have been back for about a year and I am really enjoying the hunt for new pieces for my collection. I collect up to the end of the superfast picture boxes and have been enjoying looking for MB65 Airport Coaches among others (who knew there was a Brazilian green TWA). Thanks for keeping such a great resource available.

Scott
Tinman

Re: New Member..Hello

Post by Tinman »

Welcome to the forums!

Remember, there are no "dumb questions" (unless it's one asked by me) and have fun!
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hello Scott, welcome to the forum.

The first rule is...

Ask whatever you want, it will likely get an authorative answer!

When you can, put up some pictures of whats in your current collection, we love looking at pictures here, OK.

Ghosty.
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Welcome from me too...You will find lots of fans of many types of models here and from all over the world.Mention anything cars trucks or diecast and someone will be only to pleased to discuss it with you or help you out....
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
Squid

Post by Squid »

Welcome aboard, Scott! I second everything that the others said before me, and will add this: when you see and learn about other makers, you may well be tempted to collect their wares, too.
tractorboy

Post by tractorboy »

Welcome to the group Scott - plenty of areas to explore, whatever your interest.
"What one loves in childhood stays in the heart forever." ---Mary Jo Putney

Rodger
mtchbx

Post by mtchbx »

Thank you for the welcome messages. The hobby has really evolved since I was previously involved. I used to visit a small shop in Lynn, MA. called Harolds Place that was owned by Harold Colpitts and run by his wife. It was an amazing store and had a vast inventory. The store has long since closed and now the web is the worlds store. I am happy to be back involved and making decisions on what to collect. Boxes? No boxes? Mint? not mint? All part of the fun. Thanks again.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thats the thing, collect what takes your fancy and enjoy what you collect.

Ghosthunter.
Squid

Post by Squid »

mtchbx wrote:I am...making decisions on what to collect. Boxes? No boxes? Mint? not mint? All part of the fun.
All of those have places in my collection. Only a few could be considered near-mint, but I can take many of them for a "drive" with little worry. The vast majority of my boxes are rather rough. I'm debating whether to upgrade or get reproduction boxes. As you said, all part of the fun.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

I'd never go for repro boxes. If I can't have original, I'd rather go without.
Bob