What modell is it?

Is it genuine or is it fake?
Malibu

What modell is it?

Post by Malibu »

Hi all,
a member of another forum is asking for information about this model.
The scale is arround 1:43.
Does anyone know someting about it?
(c) Malibu
(c) Malibu
Stephan
Idris
Site Admin

Re: What modell is it?

Post by Idris »

I don't know the maker but, given the unusual way of retaining the axles (and the chunky wheels), I'm sure someone will be able to hazard a guess.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

At first I though slush casting but not with how the axles are retained so Cast Iron or Alluminium material but I have not seen any wheel design such as those before so can not offer any make.
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

Idris wrote:I don't know the maker but, given the unusual way of retaining the axles (and the chunky wheels), I'm sure someone will be able to hazard a guess.
Its very Gaiety lookng,i have had a similar one in the past and it was a sort of pottery composite,my best guess it was an attempt to make a toy for christmas during the korean war when a zinc ban was on.
I couldn,t find a photo of mine or my gaiety so heres a pic of the similar gaiety borrowed off the net.
dave
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

I'm not convinced. The Gaities shown have outboard wheels, whereas the mystery model has inboard ones. Also the former have a generic look to them whilst the the latter looks as though it ought to be based on an actual prototype.
Diecastmolester

Post by Diecastmolester »

On which continent does the toy car in question reside?
This might help in narrowing down where its origins are.
I pretty much doubt it is of British manufacture, it has rather continental overtones.

Also, what material is it made of? Zamak? Aluminium?
Cowydd O'Lochdown-Bragsitt
Malibu

Post by Malibu »

Thanks all for your help.
The owner thinks it is made of Aluminium but is not shure - it could be zinc as well.
He bought it in Ebay Germany therefor he ore the seller has no idea where it could came from.

Stephan
Diecastmolester

Post by Diecastmolester »

I think it is aluminium, it is made in Germany and it is a Karl Bub, or something along these lines.
Unfortunately there were oodles of companies in the Nürnberg area that made toys like this for the so called Wundertüten before the war.
For the non German members - Wundertüten (lit. marvel bags) were sealed paper bags sold for 10 Pfennigs. They contained toys, sweets, little games, comic strips, etc, but of course you didn't know exactly what you got before you opened them. Sort of a predecessor to Kinder Eggs.
Cowydd O'Lochdown-Bragsitt