Recent Auction Find

A place to show your latest finds
matchboxkiwi

Recent Auction Find

Post by matchboxkiwi »

Here in Whanganui, in New Zealand we have a local auction house and once a month they have an antiques auction. I always go along but never find anything but this weekend was different! There were boxes of railway cataloges and learnt years ago to always go through them as often there will be Matchbox things and sure enough I was right - see accompanying photos. The letter of reply for the Matchbox Story Book was a bonus. Didn't find it until later. The lot cost me $5 plus 50c commission.

Steve
Matchboxkiwi
Attachments
IMG_1007.JPG
IMG_0997.JPG
IMG_0998.JPG
IMG_0999.JPG
IMG_1000.JPG
IMG_1001.JPG
IMG_1002.JPG
IMG_1003.JPG
IMG_1004.JPG
IMG_1005.JPG
Squid

Re: Recent Auction Find

Post by Squid »

Old ephemera is always fascinating to look through. If the model railroad stuff isn't of interest, you could get your money back and then some by selling it on. Would that I could find such a good come-up!
matchboxkiwi

Post by matchboxkiwi »

Yes, Squid I was lucky! Thought I'd have to pay a lot more for it. I will be selling the other stuff. Some interesting catalogues and as you said I have had a good look through
them. Just can't collect everything so on they have to go.

Steve
Matchboxkiwi
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

What a fantastic win for the money,i like things like the express cutting and the reply letter which are not " mainstream" and on the fringe a bit :D ,did check who signed the reply letter and had a bit of a giggle at the poor womans
name ...r sole :shock:
dave