Wanted, A2a Bedford Cabs for the car transporter

Free buy, sell, wanted and swap ads
Forum rules
All deals are wholly private in nature.
VBD accepts neither responsibility nor liability for any aspect of any deal.
Tinman

Wanted, A2a Bedford Cabs for the car transporter

Post by Tinman »

I need a Matchbox A2a Bedford car transporter loose cab(s) in restorable condition. Bent axles OK, missing or broken wheels OK, Missing paint: the more the better. I just need a play worn beaters with "good bones". Will Buy or trade. I've a bunch of loose trailers with no cabs :(
Attachments
A2 cab.jpg
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
misterpop

Re: Wanted, A2a Bedford Cabs for the car transporter

Post by misterpop »

Joe just a thought......Put the measurement on that as you know there is at least 3 cabs that all look the same even the same colour...Funnily I have sold two last week and listed another last night.Full transporter though sorry no good to you......
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

misterpop wrote:Joe just a thought......Put the measurement on that as you know there is at least 3 cabs that all look the same even the same colour...Funnily I have sold two last week and listed another last night.Full transporter though sorry no good to you......
Four cabs, two different sizes for the low loader (27a & 27b green & dark green, blue cab is super rare) The M2a Walls Ice Cream truck (also blue) and then the Car transporter cab which is the largest of them all. Shown here next to the 1e Mercedes lorry (if you don't have the 1e you aren't even trying to collect Matchbox ... at least twice a week, one or two try to sneak into my house, there's literally that many of them out there).
Attachments
Bedgord comparison.jpg
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Shame you need the Matchbox ones as I have a ruck of 64 /1 scale Vanguard Big Bedford chassis cabs I need to find a use for...... ;)
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

misterpop wrote:Shame you need the Matchbox ones as I have a ruck of 64 /1 scale Vanguard Big Bedford chassis cabs I need to find a use for...... ;)
How about a pic of one with a 1e for size comparison. I have some things I'd like to do with a Bedford cab but they are too hard to come by for random custom use.
Moyboy

Post by Moyboy »

I think I have some Joe. Will let you know.
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Tinman wrote:
misterpop wrote:Shame you need the Matchbox ones as I have a ruck of 64 /1 scale Vanguard Big Bedford chassis cabs I need to find a use for...... ;)
How about a pic of one with a 1e for size comparison. I have some things I'd like to do with a Bedford cab but they are too hard to come by for random custom use.

I'll get on it and post tonight..
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

DSCF5392.JPG
DSCF5393.JPG
DSCF5394.JPG
DSCF5396.JPG

I have 8 of these.They are factory rejects I think...Held together with small screws...PM me for more info if interested..
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Moyboy wrote:I think I have some Joe. Will let you know.
Thanks for taking a look, waiting on pins an needles (more like waiting with a glass of wine and watching the birds in the back yard).
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

After seeing he photos, I would like to mess around with one of those and see what kind of custom I could make. Seems a shame to have a package going one way, let's see if we can send each other some other items we desire.