ebay item, with tracked shipping, lost in Australia

Anything eBay, Tell us your story, win lose or warn!
Tinman

ebay item, with tracked shipping, lost in Australia

Post by Tinman »

I fear my beautifully restored K-8a is forever lost in the Australian postal system. I handed off the package to the U.S. Post Office on June 23, it very quickly found itself on an airplane to Australia.  The tracking shows that the package is in Australia and has been showing the same thing for two months now. I'm wondering how long the buyer will wait before they file a claim with ebay and if that claim is going to cost me my lovely model and the shipping expense? Anyone ever lost a tracked ebay item in shipping and if so, did they refund to the buyer and take the money from you? Below is what the tracking info has been saying for two months:
Attachments
Australia delivery.jpg
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Idris
Site Admin

Re: ebay item, with tracked shipping, lost in Australia

Post by Idris »

I would have thought that if a parcel is tracked but never delivered/lost, then the carrier becomes liable and you ought to be able to claim against them.
Viewfield

Post by Viewfield »

On one of my visits to Australia, I sent a package from Queensland to NSW and the only tracking information I got was “we’ve got it”. It took approximately 3 weeks to be delivered with no further tracking info apart from “Delivered”.
Looking at your estimated delivery date of 17. August I think there’s still a chance.
Not sure where it’s going to in Australia but I’m pretty sure if it’s not one of the big towns/cities they wait until the sack is full before forwarding.

Rod.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Here's where it's going:
Robina Town Centre , QLD 4230
Australia

The delivery date has changed a couple of times already. However, previously they changed prior to the expected date being reached.
Moyboy

Post by Moyboy »

Really slow of late Joe due to covid crap. I sent one the other day down to Melbourne (6 hours away from me) Yet somehow it went up to Chullora in Sydney , 13 /13 hours from me, then onto somewhere else and finally made its way back down here to Melbourne. Give it time and sure it will get there.
Bit oi a strange address as that one is for a shopping center on the Gold Coast so it's not a small area.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

I've sent items to Oz. From leaving me to arrival at destination was 14 weeks. Equally, I've received items from Canada that took the same amount of time. This parcel showed as left Canada, but never showed it had arrived in the UK. It just turned up on the doorstep one day! The second time this has happened from the same source.
Bob
Fox

Post by Fox »

Sad to read that.

If it could give you a little hope, since the pandemia an item took 9 weeks to come from NZ to France, and another one 81 days to come from USA.
Corgi-toys ergo sum
tractorboy

Post by tractorboy »

Give it time Joe, due to Covid big delays shipping to and from this part of the world - 2+ months to deliver to Europe, 6 weeks to deliver to Aus, 5 weeks from Aus to NZ.
Huge volumes of online shopping due to lockdown restrictions and postal services are struggling to keep up.
"What one loves in childhood stays in the heart forever." ---Mary Jo Putney

Rodger
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

tractorboy wrote:Give it time Joe, due to Covid big delays shipping to and from this part of the world - 2+ months to deliver to Europe, 6 weeks to deliver to Aus, 5 weeks from Aus to NZ.
Huge volumes of online shopping due to lockdown restrictions and postal services are struggling to keep up.
Has my package reached you yet?
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

OK, after reading some of the times others mentioned, I'm going to postpone having a freak-out :shock: