Matchbox Superfast MB68 Porsche 910 White Body

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
Andyroo

Matchbox Superfast MB68 Porsche 910 White Body

Post by Andyroo »

Hello, I have recently purchased a boxed Matchbox Superfast MB68 Porsche 910 in white, the model has a number 68 label on and I am wondering if this was orignal on the car? I know the 68 label was on the more common red version but have not seen many if at all on a white version?
Attachments
mb68.jpg
mb68.jpg (3.75 MiB) Viewed 2904 times
Idris
Site Admin

Re: Matchbox Superfast MB68 Porsche 910 White Body

Post by Idris »

IIRC, the white version was distributed in Broomstick packaging, and the bonnet had to be left clear for the attachment of the elastic (using a V-shaped sticker).
However, I see that Christain (here) lists it as a valid variation (download variation listing here).
Andyroo

Post by Andyroo »

Thank you, I was worried it might have been a repaint and sticker applied but this has alleviated my concerns, thanks again.
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

I saw a white one with a 68 label many years ago, and it looked possibly genuine to me, but I have never been 100% certain about it. I do not have one in my own collection.

The actual Brrooomstick issue would never have had a label as that would have been in the way of the string to be fitted to the front of the model. But it is possible that some white examples with labels were packaged and sold as basic range issues. I do not have any positive confirmation of that though.

On the other hand, switching a label from a metallic red example would not be too difficult. Therefore it is not a good idea to pay much more for a white one with a label than for one without.
Andyroo

Post by Andyroo »

Thank you I am relieved to believe it is genuine, also I paid around the going price for a white version so quite happy there.
Also just realised the image I uploaded was too large so I have had a go at making it smaller.
Attachments
mb68.jpg
mb68.jpg (213.88 KiB) Viewed 2849 times
MatchboxFreak

Post by MatchboxFreak »

Well done (on both counts)!
Happy hunting!
Kurt