Non UK made Matchbox toys 1983 on
Bill Manzke

Eggo Model A

Post by Bill Manzke »

Eggo Model A.
Attachments
MBX_EGGO-A.jpg
MBX_EGGO-A.jpg (73.64 KiB) Viewed 5158 times
At the beach, counting down to retirement.
cody6268

Re: Eggo Model A

Post by cody6268 »

Looks sharp! I'm familiar with the Kellog's cereal set, but I can't recall if there was an Eggo one or not--my set is in storage at present.

The Model A and Model T vans are castings I really have been taking an interest in. I had a Toy Fair Model A for quite a few years, and after inheriting the Kellog's cereal mail-in set from my great-uncle (amongst a lot of beat-up diecast toys), it really took off with them. My Granddad is a huge Model A fan, and I love the quality of the Model T casting--reminds me a lot of a Model of Yesteryear. Given they were commonly used for Code 2 and Code 3 promotional variants, in addition to a wide variety of Code 1 promotional releases, there's enough to keep a collector busy for a LONG time!
ChFalkensteiner

Re: Eggo Model A

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

cody6268 wrote:Looks sharp! I'm familiar with the Kellog's cereal set, but I can't recall if there was an Eggo one or not--my set is in storage at present.
The Eggo model was not part of that set, but a separate later promotion. The set comprising Raisin Bran, Frosted Mini-Wheats, Corn Pops and Apple Jacks was issued in spring 1996, the Eggo in the fall of the same year.