vectis auctions

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
malcberry

vectis auctions

Post by malcberry »

hi all looking advice about something I bid on and won brought it on 08\08/19 lot number 2156 the description reads

Matchbox Originals 18a Caterpillar Bulldozer - yellow, red blade, silver wheels and black tracks, Pre-production resin sample - these models were made from Lesney era castings and are particularly interesting because most retain the Lesney England casting to the base (standard production models have Matchbox China).
I don't know nothing about them but thought it could be interesting there was a few of them auction no 2155/2173 are they new models ? have I paid to much any one with any info would appreciated will try and do photo later thank you malcolm
matchboxmarcel

Re: vectis auctions

Post by matchboxmarcel »

oooh Malcom, that's a pitte. Those lots are very rare but not the original Lesney models from the 50ties.
I watched them swell as I collect this series.
Replica's made by Matchbox themself.

I have made an english article about the Matchbox originals models. Last month I made a Dutch version of that article for the club of Belgium MOYBOYZ member Robert Duyndam and made new photos.
The original english article was lost in a crash of the mcch server but the article wass saved by one of the members and was reposted here:

Probally Kevin Ghosthunter saved it.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

If the article by Marcel was posted here on this forum then it should stil be searchable (Hugh!!). If it was posted when we were on the older (LeFora) forum then it is likey not retrievable unless we know some important 'Key Words' which would have appeared in the text.

We could just search through all of Marcel's posts but he has been a very active and long term member here this would take a very long time as he has 690+ posts here!!

Ghosthunter.
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

It’s certainly interesting even though it’s not from the 1950s. The 40 year anniversary series were all made in China, so the England base is great. Any prepro is always going to be special, so it’s definitely something to be proud of. It would be great to compare it against the original model to see how they differ.
Last edited by DrJeep on Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

malcberry wrote:hi all looking advice about something I bid on and won brought it on 08\08/19 lot number 2156 the description reads

Matchbox Originals 18a Caterpillar Bulldozer - yellow, red blade, silver wheels and black tracks, Pre-production resin sample - these models were made from Lesney era castings and are particularly interesting because most retain the Lesney England casting to the base (standard production models have Matchbox China).
I don't know nothing about them but thought it could be interesting there was a few of them auction no 2155/2173 are they new models ? have I paid to much any one with any info would appreciated will try and do photo later thank you malcolm
Sounds really interesting! Any chance of a few photographs?
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:If the article by Marcel was posted here on this forum then it should stil be searchable (Hugh!!)
Not an article I remember, and my search efforts have (so far) drawn a blank.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

The posting by Tinman on Lefora (page two of the link) may be the one: Can someone retrieve this if so?

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vintage ... 52697.html
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thanks John, I got it and will endevour to bring it all here.

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

OK, here we go. On some screens the right hand side may be missing. All you have to do is place cursor on the text and right click, giving you options and you want to click on...View image. After seeing the full size version just hit return and you will go back to the VBD page.

That is core information, what followed are special promotional issues.

Ghosthunter.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

I've emailed the copy of the full article complete with pics to Ghosty. I can't do much else with it as my subscription to MS Office has expired.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."