My collection of vintage vehicles

Post photographs of your collection here!
Teals1

My collection of vintage vehicles

Post by Teals1 »

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have been enjoying reading through the posts. Great to have some knowledgable people who can help out from time-to-time. I had started posting some pictures of my models but have been advised that this is a better place to post these, so this first posting will be a catch-up. Most of my models are 1/43 scale, I'll mention if the scale is different. My wife and I have recently moved house so I have purchased a nice glass cabinet to display these models in the lounge - nice to have an understanding wife who is also appreciating these models. When I left school (too many years ago!) I served my apprenticeship time as a motor mechanic so I suppose this interest is a natural follow-on from that. For many years I built and flew large scale (2 - 3-metre wingspan) radio control models but I am now a lot further from a flying field and they are too large for my current vehicles.

First up is the 1909 Itala 35-45 Hp by Dugu - #1.43 N6. Colour is not easy to see in this photo but it is dark green. In terms of full-size age, this is the earliest model in my collection so far.

Next is an example of the Model T Ford by Lledo - #DG006169. This is a limited edition model No. 1 of 500.

Now a Corgi model #C862 that is also a limited edition - No. 11,956 of 13,500. The vehicle is a 1910 12/16 Renault.

This 1936 Jaguar SS100 is a nice model by Matchbox - #Y-1-3-04 - and was released in 1977. DIfferent manufacturers produced a number of lookalikes, and I have some models of these that I will post in time. Here's the Jag.

The last model for this posting is the 1921 Austin Heavy Twelve by Oxford - AHT004. I love the kingfisher glue colour offset with the black trim. Actually, there is a story with this model. I originally purchased an example off the internet but it was very poorly handled by the courier and arrived in a very broken state - snapped out of the mounting stand, windscreen shattered....need I say more. I was very disappointed, to say the least. After receiving a refund, I did happen to find another example which is the one you see here.

More of my collection to come.....
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: My collection of vintage vehicles

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Allen and I promise to keep my grubby mitts of this topic... :D

Ghosty.
Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

So another one for today. Another Matchbox item from the Yesteryear series, a 1928 Mercedes SS Y-16-2-11 released in 1974. A nice variation of colour for my display cabinet.

Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

I have always had an interest in the 1933 Austin 7 RN saloon. The larger is 1/43 scale for my cabinet along with all the others of that scale but the smaller brother is 1/76 scale. Both are produced by Oxford, the larger being ASS002 and the smaller ASS003

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Oxford Diecast have become the UK's best all round model manufacturer with their origins dating back to the early 1990's when they acquired the former Corgi factory in Swansea and commenced manufacture for themselves and Corgi. They are model specific manufacture while Corgi do have collectors models in their product line, they are still essentially a toy company as they supply budget ranges to wholesalers and distributers for remarketing and promotions.

Ghosthunter.
Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

I agree with you Ghosthunter, the Oxford models are good quality with nice detail.
Here's another Matchbox model from my collection. #Y-3-3-03 in cerise pink, a 1934 Riley MPH which I understand was released in 1974.

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The cerise pink Riley certaily was introduced during 1974 but an earlier version which was half cerise and half plated, mounted on a stainless steel ashtray as part of the Lesney Souveners range, was introduced to markets outside of the UK during 1973.

Ghosthunter.
Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

Very swanky Ghosthunter in the silver/red colour scheme.

Now for something that is definitely not vintage but a sought after vehicle today, here in NZ anyway. The reason for my having it in my collection is that it was my first car and my father owned one as well. I completely overhauled the engine, now rubber on the wheels, and had the car repainted similar to this model. Unfortunately, I don't have a digital photo or even a printed colour photo of it. Somewhere in a box is a colour slide of our cars together but hard to find - I must get a print of it sometime. Was a nice car to drive.

The model is by Lledo/Vanguard - VA06101 - this one is #4456 of a limited edition total of 5000. The Mk II Zephrys were produced between 1956 - 62.

Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

The only other 'modern' car I have is the 2014 Mini Clubman produced by Rastar #37300 - released in 2018. My reason for including this in my collection? It was on sale in a Thailand toy store at a 'can't refuse' price! Man, am I a sucker! I am intrigued though as the right-hand side has an additional panel line above the rear wheel. Not sure if this is as per full size but a nice vehicle anyway. Back to vintage after this! :)

Squid

Post by Squid »

Teals1 wrote:I am intrigued though as the right-hand side has an additional panel line above the rear wheel. Not sure if this is as per full size but a nice vehicle anyway.
That panel line is seen on the 1:1. It is a vestigial "door" whose handle is only accessible when the larger right-side door is open.

You have what looks to be a quality collection. Are any more Yesteryears waiting to be photographed?