I put up some shelves in my storageroom.

Post photographs of your collection here!
Brad Pittiful

I put up some shelves in my storageroom.

Post by Brad Pittiful »

i use the small bedroom as a storage room...so i had shelve laying about and thought...i can put out some of my collection that are in boxes and the small king size display i have is busting at the seams

Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: I put up some shelves in my storageroom.

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Nicely done Dan wish I could do that for some of my rollers!

Ghosty.
ClOwY

Post by ClOwY »

My bedroom is also my toy room
Gary
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Nice Dan, I reckon you could fit another shelf between those shelves :D
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
A-Man-Called-Bwian

Post by A-Man-Called-Bwian »

Nice set of transporters. I prefer the 'play worn' look as I like the George Lucas 'used universe' idea so none of mine are mint. Doesn't matter if I drop them...

So....I've rad on these hallowed pages that air-tight isn't good and a monthly 'airing' of vehicles is a good idea if they are boxed. Mine are wrapped in kitchen paper in cardboard boxes.

I was wondering, not how people display their collection, but in what order? Order of issue? Sub divided by variation? Or random?
All my collection is absolutely mint, sage and onion condition
ClOwY

Post by ClOwY »

Hi, i do order of issue ie issue 1a 2a 3a 4a 5a and then 1b 2b 3b 4b 5b then 1c 2c 3c 4c 5c .
This is only for 1/75 reg wheels. For YYs i do different.
Hope this gives you an idea
Gary
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Sadly I don't have any models od display but they would be displayed in a 'Time-Line' style with numbers following my listing for that particular model. The #24c Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow would then be displayed as such...

1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, etc. This is an overal number series asigned to the models and gives me a quick reference as to how many models exist. If you have seen an earlier post of mine showing these models you will see it is currently totaling 30 models (1 to 30).

Each model after the first version is then asigned a specific extention letter to indicate a specification change or significant casting modifications and goes something like this...

1, 1A, 1B, 1C and 1D, etc. This tells me 1, is the light pink version. 1A, is the dark pink version. 1B, is still dark pink but has the modified boot hinge treatment. 1C, now has the larger base rivet. 1D, has the cherry red body colour and so and so on.

Please note - none of these numbers relate to Nick's code listing. I have never been able to tie them to my own models!

Ghosthunter.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

did some rearranging and added some new stuff...plus i put of a new shelf that i can put cars from another brand which shall be nameless...bottom shelf has some king size and major packs...top shelf has some sets and buildings a few yesteryears

ok here are some pics of the bottom shelf

Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

here is the top shelf pics

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

WOW, look at the price of that boxed service station!

Ghosthunter.