Fernel Developments LTD

The Matchbox box, blister, catalogue and paperwork forum.
zBret

Fernel Developments LTD

Post by zBret »

I recently was quite pleased to have acquired this game. It is a Fernel Developments LTD product, similar to the versions which use Models of Yesteryear (London to Brighton Veteran Car Game) or Corgi models (Rallye Monte Carlo -East African Safari) however this one uses Lesney 1-75 models, specifically the 19d Lotus and the 52b BRM and is titled "Indianapolis". It is the Swedish version of the game and was marketed in Sweden by a game company called "Alga". I have also seen a French version of the same game, made by Fernel Developments LTD and marketed in France by a company called "Jouet Rationals". I have yet to come across and English version of the game.

zBret
YYS4BOB

Re: Fernel Developments LTD

Post by YYS4BOB »

This a great item, and I remember discussing it with you some time ago. I think we have recorded 6 versions of the YY game so far. I have 4 of them. I miss the Scottish & Benelux versions.
Bob
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

zBret wrote:I recently was quite pleased to have acquired this game. It is a Fernel Developments LTD product, similar to the versions which use Models of Yesteryear (London to Brighton Veteran Car Game) or Corgi models (Rallye Monte Carlo -East African Safari) however this one uses Lesney 1-75 models, specifically the 19d Lotus and the 52b BRM and is titled "Indianapolis". It is the Swedish version of the game and was marketed in Sweden by a game company called "Alga". I have also seen a French version of the same game, made by Fernel Developments LTD and marketed in France by a company called "Jouet Rationals". I have yet to come across and English version of the game.

zBret
An English version does exist !

You can read more about it in the free to join MOYBOYZ forum.

http://www.moyboyz.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 073#p50073

marcel
matchboxmarcel
Nigel Grist

Post by Nigel Grist »

Good to see some posts on the products from Fernel Developments of Hailsham, Sussex (later Hornchurch).

I started collecting these about ten years ago.

Currently, there seem to be quite a few indianapolis sets becoming available. I am fortunate to have an English version.

The instructions pasted in the lid refer to a Monza version, which I have never seen, which presumably came in a red colour containg the Matchbox Ferraris ? Do any members have one? It would be good to see an image !

Fernel seem to have been active for a very brief spell, starting at Hailsham in 1964/5 ( does anyone know exactly where the factory was in Hailsham?) before moving to Hornchurch in 1967 where they appear to have been taken over by Thomas Salter toys, who continued the Rally Monte Carlo version for a short while ( to use up parts?) with their logo.

I have seen two versions of the Thomas Salter set,containing either Corgi Minis or Lone Star Impy cars.

These are rare to find, as are some of Fernel's earlier variants, such as Slalom and Tour de France , which had parts made by Britains.

Although Fernel developments were short lived, they seem to have had an interesting range and history. Any more information would be much appreciated !
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

There's a Scottish version of the Veteran Car Game.
veteran car game yellow_.jpg
Show jumping game too. Lots to see here.
https://www.google.com/search?q=fernel+ ... 66&bih=626
Bob
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

Nigel , thank you for all the information.
I have 5 different London to Brighton games including a Belgium version.

I still would like to find the Scottish version Bob shows.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

matchboxmarcel wrote:Nigel , thank you for all the information.
I have 5 different London to Brighton games including a Belgium version.

I still would like to find the Scottish version Bob shows.

marcel
Search for Thomas Salter Games.

Ghosthunter.
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

thanks Kevin.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

I just acquired my 7th ! Models of Yesteryear "London to Brighton Veteran Car Game”
The hard to find "London to Brighton Veteran Car Game" from 1965, here in the very rare Swedish (!) Version.
The box, the instructions and the paper rolls for the terminals are in Swedish !
Includes the YY2B 1911 Renault and YY5B Bentley models, both with the extra holes in the base plate for this game.
I am very happy with this very hard to find Yesteryear accessories in like new condition.

Still would like to have the Scottish version !

Marcel
matchboxmarcel
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

These 2 recently sold at quite cheap prices (but both didn't have the 2 Corgi Mini models0

and the even rarer one with red inserts:

marcel
matchboxmarcel