Re Photobucket

A showcase of !-75 reg wheel models, a new model every week
kerbside

Re Photobucket

Post by kerbside »

What has happened to Photobucket? when I did not pay them a yearly fee they blocked all my photos on my casting show. But for some reason all the photos of the models
are now showing weather only I can see them or any body can see them. Please collectors just check and see if you can see them, thank you.

George T.
Idris
Site Admin

Re: Re Photobucket

Post by Idris »

Visible.
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Thank you Hugh.

George T.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Yes, they are back on view. Wonder what has happened at photobucket, have they come to their senses and decided to go back to offering a free account thus allowing all lost pictures to re-appear!!

Ghosthunter.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Yes, they are back on view. Wonder what has happened at photobucket, have they come to their senses and decided to go back to offering a free account thus allowing all lost pictures to re-appear!!

Ghosthunter.
More info here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news ... lions.html
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Whilst it's good to see that Photobucket is no longer trying to hold the Internet to ransom (as some of last year's news coverage put it), they still seem to be looking for i) a hosting fee, and ii) a posting-to-third-party-sites fee. Although the sums concerned are small, they still represent a drastic change from offering a completely free service.
If Photobucket really want to be seen to be doing the right thing, then they should give existing images 'grandfather rights' and allow them to be both hosted, and posted free-of-charge, anywhere, in perpetuity.