2d Mercedes Trailer

one new model to be updated each week
Idris
Site Admin

2d Mercedes Trailer

Post by Idris »

The NAMC’s “Catalog of all Series Matchbox Models” (second edition) notes that two shades of orange tilt exist.
None of AIM's “1-75 Series Regular Wheels” catalogue (second printing, 1983), Stannard, or Houghton lists any variation not already catalogued by Nick.
In addition to the interior tailboard detail variation, Leake ("Concise Catalogue of 75 Series Matchbox Toys by Lesney" (4th edition, reprinted 2006)) also notes the existence of a "thick/thin front panel" Can any Member provide details, and is this variation paired with the braces variation or are there crossovers?
U.K. Matchbox did not examine the model.
Diecast

Re: 2d Mercedes Trailer

Post by Diecast »

There are some unlisted variations. Above rear mudguard:
a) without brace
b) with brace
Attachments
DSCN6245.JPG
DSCN6245.JPG (23.28 KiB) Viewed 8468 times
DSCN6249.JPG
DSCN6249.JPG (25.59 KiB) Viewed 8468 times
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

base plate:
a) small ejector ring, large gap between ejector ring and (A), larger triangular brace by hook
b) small ejector ring, small gap between ejector ring and (A), small triangular brace by hook
c) large ejector ring, small gap between ejector ring and (A), small triangular brace by hook
Antonin
Attachments
DSCN6247.JPG
DSCN6247.JPG (22.18 KiB) Viewed 8434 times
DSCN6246.JPG
DSCN6246.JPG (22.31 KiB) Viewed 8434 times
DSCN6248.JPG
DSCN6248.JPG (25.32 KiB) Viewed 8434 times
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

I am enclosing a proposal of a new 2d list. I have added three variations: mudguard brace, base plate and canopy. I am not sure, if the yellow canopy could be a new code. I am also not sure if there is a variation without mudguard brace and the wide inside braces and the variation with C-base plate and the narrow inside braces.
Please comments.
Antonin
Attachments
2d Mercedes Trailer.jpg
2d Mercedes Trailer.jpg (197.24 KiB) Viewed 8423 times
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

Idris wrote: In addition to the interior tailboard detail variation, Leake ("Concise Catalogue of 75 Series Matchbox Toys by Lesney" (4th edition, reprinted 2006)) also notes the existence of a "thick/thin front panel" Can any Member provide details, and is this variation paired with the braces variation or are there crossovers?
U.K. Matchbox did not examine the model.
I have not seen thick/thin front panel variation Hugh, perhaps it could be an optical illusion with a thicker painting.
Antonin
Pierkemimi

Post by Pierkemimi »

After 5 years surching finally found one without the brace. Are these hard to find, never thought it that it would be so difficult.

DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Pierkemimi wrote:After 5 years surching finally found one without the brace. Are these hard to find, never thought it that it would be so difficult.
I agree - they are really hard to find.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

my conclusion on this being hard to find to add it its hard to find because they didnt make a lot...i just searched a bunch of these on ebay and...the pictures are either...too dark...bad angles...which makes it hard to see if the brace is there...so annoying
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.