Display Unit

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
Sebastian10

Display Unit

Post by Sebastian10 »

This dates to 1968 - it is a bit damaged and too fragile to mount on the wall - I tried it and it started to crack under its own weight!

But It think it is a nice display piece, even though it has to just lean against the wall in my collecting room!

It was pricey but I think it was worth it :D :D

Sebastian
Attachments
A 1968 matchbox display unit reduced size.jpg
A 1968 matchbox display unit reduced size.jpg (32.01 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
MatchboxFreak

Re: Display Unit

Post by MatchboxFreak »

Congratulations Sabasrian
A very nice addition. Is this a new direction for your collection?
Enjoy!
Kurt
Happy hunting!
Kurt
Sebastian10

Post by Sebastian10 »

Kurt

Thanks for the comments

I don't think my collection has any direction !

Yesterday I received the following non matchbox job lot

(a) TAT plastic Bentley Continental - a bonus as I only really wanted the other item

(b) Triang Triumph Herald - this is incomplete but is a delectable and very accurate model

Tonight I decided to look for other models of the Triump Herald and found some Vanguards resin pre-production models for sale - I am trying to resist but its so very very difficult not to indulge !!!

Happy hunting and giving in to temptation

Sebastian
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I would like to see your recent plastic models, especially the Bentley, but we currently don't have a general plastics section.

Do members want a section dedicated to plastic models such as those friction powered toys from Hong Kong.

Ghosthunter.
Sebastian10

Post by Sebastian10 »

Ghosthunter

I have posted a photo of the Bentley and Herald in the Picture Gallery /Our Collections section as they have little to do with regular wheels so I thought this was more appropriate! :D :D

Enjoy

Sebastian
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Sebastian, good place for them at the moment.

Ghosthunter.
durangokid

Post by durangokid »

Sebastian,
Very nice -- I think that you will enjoy this one. Please give us some pics after it is filled!!
Here are photos of the Display's American brother.
I had to add a replacement piece of plexiglass and also have to lean it against the wall so it is tilted properly to keep the models in. I think when these displays were in the stores, they had an arm or two to support them against the counter and were at about a 45 degree angle.
Bill

DurangoKid
Sebastian10

Post by Sebastian10 »

Durangokid

That's a great looking unit - I think it is in much better shape than mine.

Mine is really too fragile to start stocking it with models - I was going to clean it up but have decided for now to keep it original i.e. dirty and dusty - this option also leaves more time for diecast surfing! :D :D

I am a great fan of american car TV shows and as they say its only original once!!

Thats a pretty mouth watering collection you have there - has it taken long to put together ? :D

Sebastian
durangokid

Post by durangokid »

Sebastian10 wrote:Durangokid

Mine is really too fragile to start stocking it with models - I was going to clean it up but have decided for now to keep it original i.e. dirty and dusty - this option also leaves more time for diecast surfing! :D :D

Thats a pretty mouth watering collection you have there - has it taken long to put together ? :D

Sebastian
Sebastian,
I certainly understand your desire to keep the Display original --- hopefully, you can get some models in it as you please.
I have been collecting Matchbox "off and on" for many years -- I bought my first model in 1959 when my Dad took me to the local variety store. Although I like most all the Matchbox lines, my first love is "regular wheels" and I've also tried to add some Matchbox Dealer Displays over the years as I really like to display my models in them. Here are a few more samples of them below. I hope you enjoy collecting Matchbox and this is a wonderful forum filled with knowledgable and helpful people!!

DurangoKid
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

If that is the reults of collecting on and off, can not imagine what it would be like if you took it seriously... :o

Ghosthunter.