6c Euclid Dump truck

one new model to be updated each week
Idris
Site Admin

6c Euclid Dump truck

Post by Idris »

The listing in the NAMC’s “Catalog of all Series Matchbox Models” (second edition) is extremely difficult to interpret, but does not seem to contain any new variations.
None of AIM's “1-75 Series Regular Wheels” catalogue (second printing, 1983), Stannard, Houghton, or Leake ("Concise Catalogue of 75 Series Matchbox Toys by Lesney" (4th edition, reprinted 2006)) lists any variation not already catalogued by Nick, although Stannard's variation code 6c-9 and.Houghton's identical variation code 6c-15 both point to Nick's variation code 15 being incorrect: the rear wheel entry should read "12.5 x 4.5 twin wheel unit as M9" instead of just "12.5 x 45".
U.K. Matchbox examined the model in vol. 8 no. 2 ((Jun. '84) p46 but did not list any new variations.
yellowfoden

Re: 6c Euclid Dump truck

Post by yellowfoden »

Hello Hugh and all,

I believe the order of the first 6 codes and the second 6 codes should be swapped over.
The detailed front wheel with the ring of lug nuts came before the detailed front wheels without the lug nuts.
This is best evidenced by their use on the M9 Cooper Jarrett paired with the base plate with inverted commas introduced in mid 1962.

I also note Nick mentions in the description and lists from code 16 on, the regular bpw as 12.5 x 45 but all mine are 12.5 x 40 as per Stannard code 10 onward. It seems this error is repeated in Houghtons also.

Note to Hugh, in your post above the 4.5 should read 45 ( tread) in second last line.

Bert
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

yellowfoden wrote:Note to Hugh, in your post above the 4.5 should read 45 ( tread) in second last line.
Corrected! Thank you!
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

yellow and dark yellow, pretty much the same colours as the 6b. Code 14 yellow, code 19 dark yellow.
Attachments
yellow and dark yellow
yellow and dark yellow
IMG_4524 (1).jpg (73.33 KiB) Viewed 8437 times
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

DrJeep wrote:yellow and dark yellow, pretty much the same colours as the 6b. Code 14 yellow, code 19 dark yellow.
Hi Glenn, I can confirm your yellow and dark yellow variation. I am enclosing a photo from July 2012 with comparison of yellow shades. I will upgrade a list with new 6c variations. I think that there are 8 variations of the tipper (up till now 6 mentioned).
Antonin
Attachments
DSCN2136.JPG
DSCN2136.JPG (19.51 KiB) Viewed 8359 times
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

Hello Hugh, Antonin, Glenn and all,

Santa started his deliveries in our part of the world early with a new variation for the 6c Euclid Tipper that has now joined our fleet.

The specs for this one are as follows:

A type tipper
Gap under A
E and part N missing along with thin crossmember
Thin step right side
No step left

All this equals
Body 2, tipper 2, no trim
12.5 x 40 BPW

Coded as 20a using the current table from Nick

The added bonus with this model is that it has light colour cab and dark colour tipper which are currently not differentiated within the codes.

Antonin, thanks for adding the colour comparison pic above, this was the one I was referring to in the other thread started by John.

Bert
Attachments
Light colour cab with dark tipper
Light colour cab with dark tipper
1 bert 6c new variation.jpg (54 KiB) Viewed 8345 times
No gap left side
No gap left side
2 bert 6c new variation no gap left side.JPG (49.7 KiB) Viewed 8345 times
Thin step right side
Thin step right side
3 bert 6c new variation thin step rhs.JPG (45.97 KiB) Viewed 8345 times
Thin cross-member and no E part N missing
Thin cross-member and no E part N missing
4 bert 6c thin crossmember no E part N missing.JPG (58.11 KiB) Viewed 8345 times
Type A with gap
Type A with gap
5 bert 6c type A with gap on tipper.JPG (46.19 KiB) Viewed 8345 times
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Hi Bert and Antonin

Very nice 6c from Bert - an unlisted variation and in two colours too! I’m confused by the different tippers and body combinations, though perhaps it will all be clearer when Antonin lists the 8 tipper types. I think I’d vaguely assumed that there were two separate tipper moulds, distinguished by A and B, and then the different tipper codes show wear and subsequent repair to the moulds. But I’m probably wrong!

Glenn
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

I think you are quite right Dr. Jeep. Possibly though, two "A" paired molds and a second set of paired "B" molds might have been needed for such a high production popular selling Toy that lasted in the Lesney lineup for 5 years?
If no one minds Hugh, perhaps the newer Post which was labeled "New 6C Variation" should be moved here because our discussion there involves one of the 2 "new" Tipper types that Antonin will be introducing here in his new chart I am sure. With 2 or 3 of us having them in our collections already, there will be new confirmed variations immediately on this popular Dumper. Cheers! Kwakers
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

kwakers wrote:If no one minds Hugh, perhaps the newer Post which was labeled "New 6C Variation" should be moved here because our discussion there involves one of the 2 "new" Tipper types that Antonin will be introducing here in his new chart I am sure. With 2 or 3 of us having them in our collections already, there will be new confirmed variations immediately on this popular Dumper. Cheers! Kwakers
I've had a look at this, Dick. The problem is that the two discussions will then becime interleaved since the original posting timestamp is preserved when merging threads.
For the time being, I think we're just going to have to make do with links:
Unlisted 6c variation, and
6c Euclid Dump Truck.
What would be useful would be if, when the other discussions have run their course, summaries could be posted here.
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

I am enclosing an unlisted variation of the tipper base. The last mentioned variation is with letter "B" with bar bellow and with "ENGLAND" on the raised platform.
I have the variation with letter "B" with bar bellow and with "ENGLAND" on the flat platform.
The next variation should be the same but without "E" in the word "ENGLAND", but I can not find it now. Sorry I have no photo, only a short notice. I do not remember if I have it or if I have seen it somewhere.
Antonin
Attachments
DSCN6238.JPG
DSCN6238.JPG (23.91 KiB) Viewed 8255 times
DSCN6239.JPG
DSCN6239.JPG (20.06 KiB) Viewed 8255 times