brainstrust

woof

Post by brainstrust »

I'm pretty sure Yone :?

GHOSTHUNTER

Re: woof

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Chris.

On first impressions it does look like the sort of toy made/marketed by 'YONE', but they either put their logo on the rear end (the word YONE within a Diamond. a serial number and MADE IN JAPAN), although the 1970's versions tended to only have a sticky label applied to the box.

I don't think yours is a 70's version because it has the key entry on the opposite side to known 70's issues. The key also looks remarkably like the key used by 'TPS' on a lot of their wind up toys.

'K' also make wind up animal toys very similar to your Dog.

Can I see the underside please, it may help further.

Ghosthunter.
brainstrust

Post by brainstrust »

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Chris.

I have not 100% identified your 'Woof', but have found Two pictures off the internet of a genuine original 'YONE' Dog and if you look at my composite picture of it with yours, there is an incredile similarity between the Two toys.

The Pink Dog has the usual 'YONE' name within a Diamond logo, a serial number and MADE IN JAPAN.

I notice the MADE IN JAPAN on your Dog is not the same as is shown on known Yone toys so I still don't think it is an actual marketed toy by them, probably made the company making them for Yone who were making them for market traders and wholesalers as cheap 'Penny' toys, so I would consider your Dog to be a better buy than a genuine Yone, as these are quite common, yours is not... :D

I thank you especially for showing this 'Woof' on the forum, it has been a pleasure seeing it and trying to identify it.

Ghosthunter.
brainstrust

Post by brainstrust »

Thanks for all that, it does make sense :|
What do you think is the bit sticking out next to one of the wheels?
Could it be for the dog following some track or maybe do some trick!?
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Chris.

That puzzled me for a while, I thought it may be a flipper of some sort. Not seeing this particular toy go, I am only guessing. But if it it travels quite fast it may then be used to roll the Dog over during it's travels. Have you wound him up lately to see how he performs.

Ghosthunter.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

brainstrust wrote:What do you think is the bit sticking out next to one of the wheels?
How about it providing clearance for a flywheel?
brainstrust

Post by brainstrust »

yeah i wind him up and he goes but slowly, poor old thing!
it doesn't seem to do anything, doesn't change direction, doesn't go up and down.
it really just sits there like a guide, like it drops down further into a track or something.