my latest wins

Morestone, Benbros, Charbens, DCMT, Kemlows & Moko.
MOKOSEX

my latest wins

Post by MOKOSEX »

Sometimes an auction lot turns up that seems just assembled for you,these two lots were perfect for me so i had a pop and won them,they weren,t bargains but i added a small gaiety morgan to my collection,three chad valley cars and a blue variation to my american saloon tp line up.The boxed chad valley police was snapped up my my mate,and eased the cash flow ( till i won these , a rough example of the police car was the only chad valley car i had) .You can have fun naming the makers and the model they represent if you want.
Attachments
river 1.jpg
river 1.jpg (15.05 KiB) Viewed 6164 times
chad 1.jpg
chad 1.jpg (10.74 KiB) Viewed 6164 times
RSSierra

Re: my latest wins

Post by RSSierra »

No idea on makers. But what a great group of old cars. Congrats on adding them to your collection.

Cheers

Dave
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

1st picture is showing the 'L.D. ABRAHAM' Vauxhall, ''ROBIN HOOD' (or a derivative of!) Pontiac or other big US car, 'the so called 'RIVER SERIES' Austin, not sure of the next and possibly 'BETAL' Jowett Javelin.

Next row shows the 'GAIETY' racer and another so called 'RIVER SERIES' Packard. I don't have my River series notes handy so may have discredited the make of car, but is American.

The 2nd picture is showing 'CHAD VALLEY' Hilman, Sunbeam, Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith 'POLICE' car and Humbers.

Ghosthunter.
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:1st picture is showing the 'L.D. ABRAHAM' Vauxhall, ''ROBIN HOOD' (or a derivative of!) Pontiac or other big US car, 'the so called 'RIVER SERIES' Austin, not sure of the next and possibly 'BETAL' Jowett Javelin.

Next row shows the 'GAIETY' racer and another so called 'RIVER SERIES' Packard. I don't have my River series notes handy so may have discredited the make of car, but is American.

The 2nd picture is showing 'CHAD VALLEY' Hilman, Sunbeam, Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith 'POLICE' car and Humbers.

Ghosthunter.
wow!
i think you have nailed them :D :shock: ,my friend told me about the vauxhall,theres a clear v on the front of the bonnet,the blue tp is just called american saloon so could be anything,then theres a pair of river series an austin A40 what you mentioned and a dailmer conquest,then the betal,the first one on the second row is a bit of a mystery,usually found in red,this is the first grey one i have seen,i would guess the maker as kay,but i have no proof,then the gaiety morgan,this is smaller than i expected i have had a few of the larger four wheel versions and i would guess the littler ones are rarer,then the fairly common buick river series,your chad valley ids were 100% correct,absolutely well done :D
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

RSSierra wrote:No idea on makers. But what a great group of old cars. Congrats on adding them to your collection.

Cheers

Dave
thanks i was pleased too,my mate whos a dinky dealer had seen the auction and when he saw what i had won said he had seen them and that they were the best things in it ,so was pleased even more to get them.
dave
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I beg to differ on the Gaiety Morgan, I still think the one shown in the top picture is their race car, not the Morgan, the Morgan has Three wheels... :)

Ghosty.
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:I beg to differ on the Gaiety Morgan, I still think the one shown in the top picture is their race car, not the Morgan, the Morgan has Three wheels... :)

Ghosty.
You are correct the little car is known as the race car,i just thought that it too was a morgan :D
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

That's alright, you have just proved you are not a robot... :D

Ghosty.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Ayup Dave,
Some really great stuff there mate. I'm coming to love the weird stuff more as I get older. Don't know a thing about them though.
Learning every day.... :D
Chris Warr.
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

starni999 wrote:Ayup Dave,
Some really great stuff there mate. I'm coming to love the weird stuff more as I get older. Don't know a thing about them though.
Learning every day.... :D
Chris Warr.
I am learning stuff as well thanks to ghosty lol :lol: