rw3a cement mixer

Description of your first forum.
porub1

rw3a cement mixer

Post by porub1 »

Hi from Hungary.Would you look at and give us information of this rw3a cement mixer with black wheels? I found it nowhere.Thank you Zsolthttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Matchbox-Lesney-No-3-C ... true&rt=nc
Idris
Site Admin

Re: rw3a cement mixer

Post by Idris »

Corrected hyperlink.

The 3a Cement Mixer with black plastic wheels is not a recognised variation.
I noticed this listing when it came on. Glancing at the photographs, the axle ends didn't appear too bad, and I thought the wheel were probably the same as those on the 24b excavator, making it possible timewise. (The 3a was deleted in 1961, whilst the 24b was introduced in 1959.) However, the wheels looked very glossy to me, and a search of the seller's previous listings revealed a number of 'improved' models, of which the 72a on spoked wheels is the most striking example. I therefore decided that, on balance, it was probably a fake and not worth bidding on. This decision was, in part, driven by the seller using EBay's Global Shipping Programme (which we all know is an expensive con.).
Tinman

Re: rw3a cement mixer

Post by Tinman »

This one was my favorite:

Once you see all the modified models the seller had for sale, there is nothing he's offering that's a genuine rarity.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."