another unknown!

brainstrust

another unknown!

Post by brainstrust »

Ghost can you help with the ID of this one? No markings!

Imagefree upload

Imagegif upload
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: another unknown!

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

That is from the 1960's by AML (Armindo Moreira Lopes) in Alfina, Portugal. It is roughly the size of your average Scalextric car and has a distinctive baseplate. This company make a very wide range of tinplate toy vehicles including trucks, a series of planes and miniature house hold goods like a cooking stove!

You can see the car is pretty 'Generic', not based on an actual make, their Trucks are the same, but they do have a certain charm, very nice and thank's for showing this one.

Ghosthunter.
brainstrust

Post by brainstrust »

wow!!! what is distinctive about the base plate? I'll need to look at it again but I think it is fairly plain.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

brainstrust wrote:wow!!! what is distinctive about the base plate? I'll need to look at it again but I think it is fairly plain.
At the risk of making myself now look an idiot, it should have the same baseplate as the model in my picture below!!
AML, 2.jpg
AML, 2.jpg (75.12 KiB) Viewed 4358 times
Dead straight parallel lines!

Ghosthunter.
brainstrust

Post by brainstrust »

hows this?????

Imagepost images
brainstrust

Post by brainstrust »

Ghost you have to be right. Everything is consistent with AML. A rather distinctive painting style. I was going to offload it but think I just might keep it now :D