Brown PoPo

brainstrust

Brown PoPo

Post by brainstrust »

Ghost what can you tell me about this? It says Japan on its base but no other markings!

Imageimage hosting over 5mb

Imageimage ru
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Brown PoPo

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Models such as these are difficult to identify and often comes down to studying the style of the letters used in the printing of words such as 'POLICE' and the 'JAPAN' on the base. Your particular model is clearly very crudely designed and made so is at the cheaper end of the market and Two companies that produce such basic tinplate cars are 'NOMURA' and 'ICHIMURA'.

Both these companies had wide product lines catering for all sectors of the toy market. Ichimura was also making toys for many of the well known Japanese brands such as 'YONEZAWA', 'SSS INTERNATIONAL' and even that mighty toy company 'BANDAI'.

The American 'CRAGSTAN' company marketed Yonezawa and Bandai toy cars in slightly reprinted boxes. They used the brand name, 'Gragstan-NGS' for Japanese exports (Nipon Goraku Shokai) made by Ichimura among others!

There is every chance your model above is by 'ICHIMURA' (Ichimura Shoten' being the actual stock supplier), but not carrying their brand name or logo as it has many of the basic hallmarks of a cheaply made toy for use by a general toy distributor and we may never know who that was, but at least we had a good guess at it!

Ghosthunter.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

There's one here, a few years back on Vectis.

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewLot.as ... 6&Start=60
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Johnboy, nice bit of searching. 'TN Toys' is 'Toy Nomura, one of the brands I mentioned in my assessment, so I think we have cracked another mystery toy for "braintrust"... :D

Ghosthunter.
ClOwY

Post by ClOwY »

Ghosthunter Johnboy
Todays Sherlock Holmes and DR Watson :lol:
Gary
brainstrust

Post by brainstrust »

Most excellent work chaps :ugeek:
I'll do a little research on the wknd and see if I can put a date to it, well at least a decade.

Thanks oh and GH how about a pic or two of your tinnies?????
brainstrust

Post by brainstrust »

just realized the machine gun sparks when wheels are pushed and it has a siren!!!!!! :o
jimgallegos

Post by jimgallegos »

There were many cool "Sparking " toys produced in that era.
Jim G.Come join us at the 2019 Gathering in New Mexico. 19-21 July 2097. email me @ matchb0x1@aol.com for information