A few Lone Stars

starni999

A few Lone Stars

Post by starni999 »

Hi all,
Just started to pick up a few of these, had loads as a kid, sorry I didn't split them up into individual numbers for photos, I can if it makes it easier.
Cheers
CW.
fixer

Re: A few Lone Stars

Post by fixer »

Very nice and feel free to add them to listings as they slowly :oops: grow
reg
matchboxkiwi

Post by matchboxkiwi »

I like the blister card.

Cheers, Steve
Matchboxkiwi
motorman

Post by motorman »

Reg there seems to me to be quite a few different wheel hub variations to be had on Lone Star flyers, are you able to provide some information on these variations?
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
fixer

Post by fixer »

there are 4 different wheels Al
the impys have a knobley tread wheel with a hub disc like a #67 vw etc then there is the later wheel with a separate smooth tyre again a good comparison is the #67 with wheels and separate tyre
flyers have a disc insert on a plastic wheel giving an appearance similar to the prepro S/F disc wheels they changed to a spoke design a bit later looking like narrow S/F wheels
hope this helps
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

fixer wrote:there are 4 different wheels Al
the impys have a knobley tread wheel with a hub disc like a #67 vw etc then there is the later wheel with a separate smooth tyre again a good comparison is the #67 with wheels and separate tyre
flyers have a disc insert on a plastic wheel giving an appearance similar to the prepro S/F disc wheels they changed to a spoke design a bit later looking like narrow S/F wheels
hope this helps
It does Reg but for the benefit of others some images of the individual wheel hub types would be really helpful mate.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
zBret

Post by zBret »

Finally getting around to putting a photo up in this section.
This is the extent of my Impy lineup. I can recall having a zodiac sw in blue as a kid, I believe it had a reddish orange interior.
These certainly seem to have a lot of play value with their opening hoods and trunks ( or should I say bonnets and boots) doors a jeweled lights and detailed engine bays.
zBret
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Thanks for posting, I'd forgotten all about the MK3 Zody in metallic paint with the Go Faster stripe. LOADS of real ones like that round here in the early 70's!
CW.