Scalextric.

GHOSTHUNTER

Scalextric.

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Scalextric collecting is alive and kicking!

I have been a slot-car enthusiast for as long as I can remember and my first race set was from Scalextric and in those early Days (1960's), the system was crude and a lot of hard work!

Today's Scalextric system is all digital with Ghost car racing and full lane changing and the cars are Cad-Cam designed, in true 32nd scale and of the cars we see in real racing be it F1, Sports or Saloon classes.

Roger Gillham has become the name connected to the most well known books on the subject of Scalextric and his first original book has been republished several times with more information added each time.
7th edition cover..jpg
7th edition cover..jpg (62.49 KiB) Viewed 2070 times
I have several editions of his book including his very first which has become a collector's item itself!

The latest incarnations are packed with all the important information the beginner needs. There are a lot of colour pictures of cars from most of the Years production output and listed in catalogue number to Year of issue order, very useful for checking when a particular model was introduced.

It also details all the accessories, hand controllers, motor units and the pin/guide systems used over the Years.

Here is a 7th edition for sale...http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scalextric-Ulti ... b_title_bk

Ghosthunter.