Introduction to Beginners' Corner

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
Idris
Site Admin

Introduction to Beginners' Corner

Post by Idris »

Welcome to Beginner’s Corner!
This is an area where the less experienced collectors amongst you can post diecast-related queries, observations, and photographs, or just simply introduce yourselves. Experienced Forum members (a significant number of whom have more than 50 years’ experience in their field of expertise) are monitoring activity in this area and will post clear, considered, and courteous responses, often within 24 hours.
Remember: this is your area and it has been created for the specific purpose of ensuring that you get a warm welcome from the VBD Forum and can gain experience creating topics, posting replies and adding images away from the cut and thrust of the regular topics, (some of which move very quickly and can give rise to passionate debate).
The more members the Forum has, the stronger it becomes. Dip your toe into the wonderful world of online diecast discussion and become part of our Worldwide community! Start a topic today and see where it leads you!

Regular posters: Please remember to keep this part of the Forum banter- and “in joke”-free!
starni999

Re: Introduction to Beginners' Corner

Post by starni999 »

Great idea Hugh,
I'll be more than happy, indeed honoured, to help out with anybody's Dinky questions.
Cheers
Chris Warr.
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

As Chris might not be aware of the new topic (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4624) I'm just bumping this in the hope he is following this topic.... :D

Ian
Steveward

Post by Steveward »

Hi to everyone
This is my first time on a die cast forum site I have been picking up die casts cars for a few years but nothing special the reason I need help is for a old chap that I have been helping over a number of years.
His house is full of die cast cars planes and other collections stamps and magazines this is the honest truth when he purchased his cars he never had them out the bags let alone the boxes.
His collection contains hot wheels matchbox corgi Johnny lighting and loads more he also collected Hornsby 0 gauge again new in boxes and I need to make some sort of inventory but need to know the best way to do it and when I say his house is full that's every room floor to ceiling you stand on them well he does there must be thousands I think it will take a year to do some sort of log so please any help will be great
Thanks Steve
fixer

Post by fixer »

welcome Steve
if you start by posting some pictures (reduced to about 600 pixles) our members should be able to help identify most of your models
reg
Steveward

Post by Steveward »

Hi thanks I will try but I am hopeless with technology give me a spanner or a welder I'm tip top but anything like a pc or tablet forget it I did send Nick some picks of the largest part of the collection to see if he can post them for me
Thanks again
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Steve.

If you want to repost pictures to one of the more regular forum members I am sure they can be posted onto the forum. Nick does not have as much spare time as some of us.

Ghosthunter.
Steveward

Post by Steveward »

Ok thanks I will try to se d some to you see if you can sort them for me like last time
Thanks
Matt d

Post by Matt d »

Hi
I’m new to this forum. My name is Matt, I’ve been collecting dinky and matchbox for a few years, nothing too special. Been reading the posts, very interesting. I’m glad I found it!
I do have a question if it’s ok. Does anyone know how to remove the headlight and grill assembly from a dinky 25 series truck?
Thanks in advance
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hello Matt, welcome to the forum.

When you are ready to post pictures of what you like and collect, try and remember to resize them in the 'Paint' program on your computer first. The ideal pixel size is around 600 x 600. There are some guidence notes here...viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21#p117

Ghosthunter.