32c Leyland Petrol Tanker

one new model to be updated each week
Idris
Site Admin

32c Leyland Petrol Tanker

Post by Idris »

The NAMC’s “Catalog of all Series Matchbox Models” (second edition) does not list any variations not already catalogued by Nick.
The same is true of the AIM's “1-75 Series Regular Wheels” catalogue (second printing, 1983),but there is an interesting footnote which reads as follows: "All models come with and without the wording "Ergomatic on a flat base or raised platform on the front baseplate".
Stannard does not list any variations not already covered by Nick.
Houghton listing contains an error, with variation 32c-9 being identical to 32c-10. He has one unlisted variation as 32c-6 which would be Nick's existing variation code 5 (BP decals, with blocks, thin fillers) but without tow guide. If confirmed, this would obviously become variation code 6.
Houghton additionally suggest that the rear rivet can be either unpainted or white. (I would have been dismissive of this, had we not already seen a similar variation on the 69b Hatra turntable rivet.) Houghton lists all rear rivets as being white except for his variation 33c-2 (matching Nick's variation code 1: BP decals, no blocks, thick filler, no tow guide), variation 33c-8 (matching Nick's variation codes 6 and 7: BP labels, no blocks, thick filler, no tow guide), and variation 33c-14 (matching Nick's variations 16 and 17: BP labels, with blocks, thin fillers, no tow guide). Is this a genuine variation? Can any of the variations identified by Houghton be confirmed? If so, they can simply be slotted in below the matching unpainted rear rivet variations in Nick's table.
U.K. Matchbox did not examine the model.
jsherwood

Re: 32c Leyland Petrol Tanker

Post by jsherwood »

Hi,

The attached tanker matches Nick's variation code 18/19 (I don't know if they are small or large BP labels?, please let me know) and as you can see has no paint on the rear rivet. It has thin caps, blocks behind the cab and a tow guide.

If anybody wants it, please let me know as I'll be selling a few odds and ends shortly on here. Nothing mind-blowing though!

Cheers

John

IMG_6834.jpeg
IMG_6834.jpeg (138.29 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
IMG_6836.jpeg
IMG_6836.jpeg (139.64 KiB) Viewed 3315 times