G type blisterpacks

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
SMS88

G type blisterpacks

Post by SMS88 »

Just got the US version today in a trade from a member here.Its wonderful to finally see one of these in my hands and compare the compeletely different artists drawings of the Muira and Europa -one made from toys and the other from 1:1 car photos by the looks of things.Delighted to have this pair of one of my top 10 favourite Sf castings :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
motorman

Re: G type blisterpacks

Post by motorman »

Mick your right it really is amazing the different artists interpretations of these cars. I espescially love the USA blister and the artist drawing of the Lotus, just look at the short wheel track and the massive overhang of the wheel arches!! Brilliant!

I also note that the roller has missed the hot foiling on the rear wheel hub, nice again!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Its actually a wheel fitted inside out! First time I have seen one this way round other than online.......
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

SMS88 wrote:compare the compeletely different artists drawings of the Muira and Europa
I am still not sure what a "Muira" is supposed to be at all ("Muira Puama" is apparently some kind of Brazilian tree), but these cards depict a Lamborghini Marzal... :oops:
motorman

Post by motorman »

SMS88 wrote:Its actually a wheel fitted inside out! First time I have seen one this way round other than online.......
Mick my eye sight is definately not what it was when i was younger. I hadn't realised that the wheel was back to front. At a glance it looked like it had missed the hot foil treatment. Certainly an unusual factory error!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"