Casting #73

A showcase of !-75 reg wheel models, a new model every week
kerbside

Casting #73

Post by kerbside »

73a 10 Ton Pressure Refueller (Leyland), issued 1959, length 66mm, box type B.
73b Ferrari, issued 1962, length 66mm, box types D and E.
73c 1968 Mercury (Commuter Station Wagon, issued 1968, length 78mm, box type F.

Open and closed rears below fuel tank, also Silver trim on one.

Grilles one with-out and one with Silver trim.

The Flat Brace and the Round Brace at the rear of the cab.

Showing the opening above the rear axle.

The two different base plates.

George T.
Brad Pittiful

Re: Casting #73

Post by Brad Pittiful »

Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Look at that great 'Auto Steer' box for Dan's Mercury, I think I'll just start collecting the empty boxes, there is some delicious examples out there.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Look at that great 'Auto Steer' box for Dan's Mercury, I think I'll just start collecting the empty boxes, there is some delicious examples out there.

GHOSTHUNTER.
i think this model always has auto steer...some others have it with and without though...like the 15 vw saloon and the 50 ford kennel truck...33 lamborghini miura
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I think it just adds that certain EXCITING something for the boys of the period and they could not wait to get home and get the models out of their boxes to test working features such as the 'Auto Steer', fantastic stuff!

GHOSTHUNTER.
Taniwha

Post by Taniwha »

The type F boxes have some of the nicest artwork in my opinion. A good place to start your cardboard addiction Ghosty!

Cheers,
Gavin
Faceless Bureaucrats have feelings too...
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

Taniwha wrote:The type F boxes have some of the nicest artwork in my opinion. A good place to start your cardboard addiction Ghosty!

Cheers,
Gavin
my strongest memory is taking the #13 dodge wreck truck out of the F type box...i have christmas pics which ive shown before but you cant see great details unless under a magnifier...i see a #20 chevy taxi in an E type box...but i dont have a memory of opening it or anything...but the F type box with the #13 i remember that vividly...i guess since i was older the memory is better seated in my brain
motorman

Post by motorman »

Brad Pittiful wrote:
Taniwha wrote:The type F boxes have some of the nicest artwork in my opinion. A good place to start your cardboard addiction Ghosty!

Cheers,
Gavin
my strongest memory is taking the #13 dodge wreck truck out of the F type box...i have christmas pics which ive shown before but you cant see great details unless under a magnifier...i see a #20 chevy taxi in an E type box...but i dont have a memory of opening it or anything...but the F type box with the #13 i remember that vividly...i guess since i was older the memory is better seated in my brain
I would love to see those xmas pics again Dan.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

motorman wrote:I would love to see those xmas pics again Dan.
i made a thread in the lounge as to not clog up georges casting show
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Who has seen, owned or has photos of the Ferrari with the rare #52 decals?
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."