Tekno Ford Lorries

Not British, But were in the EEC now!
starni999

Tekno Ford Lorries

Post by starni999 »

Hi all,
Again thanks to my good friend Ragnar I've finally (after 40 years) got a good Tekno Ford Esso tanker, it's had some repainting to the cab, and a headlamp repair, but these are VHTF in any condition. He sits well with his refuse lorry brother...

CW
Fred7A

Re: Tekno Ford Lorries

Post by Fred7A »

That's a lovely item. Your collection is certainly getting an international flavour. Are the Triangel wheels an error, or were Tekno habitually sloppy when it came to applying the specific V8 wheels?
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Just shows what fun collecting can be as what once were simple toys are now treasured collectibles, creating much talking and comments among collectors, great stuff, some of the members here have fabulous collections, keep it up Guys we love seeing them.

GHOSTHUNTER.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

I see lots of Teknos here in Denmark but have never noticed this truck with Austin shaped grille before,clearly uncommon in any version.....
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Cheers all,
Yeah I noticed the Triangel hubs too Fred, to be honest I don't know enough about these to say, but it may have had them swopped at some point?
CW.
karl

Post by karl »

Good eyes, Fred7A! I have a few of these and have never seen Tekno mix the wheels up. They look old and nor reproductions so perhaps Tekno ran out that day, or they were swapped years later. We may never know.

starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi all,
As I'm starting to really enjoy the early Tekno stuff now, is there a good book with lots of pictures, (doesn't matter if it's in English then!) showing the early range?
CW
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

You might find some something useful in this listing.

Dickson, Thomas. 2006. Dansk Design. Sydney, Australia: Murdock Books.
Gardiner, Gordon; and Richard O'Neill. 1996. The Collector's Guide to Toy Cars: An International Survey of Tinplate and Diecast Cars from 1900. London: Salamander Books Ltd. ISBN 0-517-15977-5.
Gibson, Cecil. 1970. Commercial Vehicles. Troy Model Club Series. London: Thomas Nelson and Sons Ltd.
Hobby Talk. 2008. Volvos from Tekno and Vilmer. Forum for Diecast Collectors.
Ilich, Ray. 1995-2000. Pontonobilia Variants - Tekno Ambulance. Mercedes Benz Ponton website.
Rixon, Peter. 2005. Miller's Collecting Diecast Vehicles. London: Miller's, A publication of Mitchell Beazley.
Sinclair, David. 1979. Scale 1/43, A Survey for Collectors. Automobile Quarterly, Vol. 17: pp. 384–399. Princeton, New Jersey: Published in Association with the Princeton Institute for Historic Research.
Tekno Dansk Legetojs Industri, 1928-1953. 1953. 25th Anniversary Celebration Booklet. 1 September. Shown on the Tekno Samleren (Tekno Collector) website.
Tekno website. 2013. Official website of Tekno.

GHOSTHUNTER.
karl

Post by karl »

The Tekno 'bible' I mentioned pictured every Tekno ever made (or at least the ones the authors had ever seen.).

There are 4 versions, all hard to find now, all by Dorte Johansen and Hans Hedegard from Denmark.

1st version was B&W and softbound; last version was hardbound from 2007: "TEKNO SAMLERKATALOG"

Here's one: http://www.amazon.com/Tekno-Danske-Mode ... 8798168401 (none for sale there though)

Two middle ones are shown here: http://www.teknoschuco.online.fr/colbibli.htm

Many, many photos are on this site: http://tekno-vilmer.dk/index.php?ID=6&lang=da - if you find some other books or websites, let us know!
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

starni999 wrote:Cheers all,
Yeah I noticed the Triangel hubs too Fred, to be honest I don't know enough about these to say, but it may have had them swopped at some point?
CW.
If they have been swapped it should be possible to see some pressure marks on the inside of one wheel on each axle...
The Danes are masters of repairing and restoring Teknos and you have to come to one of our toyfairs to believe the amount of new factory original unused as well as 2nd recovered spare parts available for this range as well as full restorations near impossible to distinguish from mint originals -standards and possibilities seem much greater than we see online from dinky and corgi restorers!