Green SF Land Rover?!

Is it genuine or is it fake?
Tinman

Green SF Land Rover?!

Post by Tinman »

Charlie Mack has indicated he thinks this is real. My opinion is that is a base swap and much too far out of the time line to be real. What's your opinion?

It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
matchboxkiwi

Re: Green SF Land Rover?!

Post by matchboxkiwi »

For what it's worth I think it is real, but I think the shade of green isn't the same as the regular wheel one, although it's hard to tell without them side by side.

Cheers, Steve
Matchboxkiwi
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

... and they just happened to find a bin of the old dark colored luggage along with the left over green bodies?
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Tinman wrote:... and the just happened to find a bin of the old dark colored luggage along with the left over green bodies?
I suppose the answer to that one would be that the luggage was married to the bodies before the baseplates were attached, thereby creating the possibility of a boxful of green bodies with gazing and luggage being found in the back of the stockroom. However, I think that would be clutching at straws, it being almost certain that the addition of the luggage would be the final step in the assembly process.
Personally, I wouldn't give this model shelf space.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

The photo shows that the rivit hole in the baseplate is larger than standard, appears to be a competent baseswap - I made one of these for myself!
CM may have authenticated other models in the past that many sharp eyed collectors would regard as home customs so lets wait and see if Vectis ever buy this opinion !!