Casting #58

A showcase of !-75 reg wheel models, a new model every week
kerbside

Casting #58

Post by kerbside »

58a BEA Coach (AEC), issued 1958, length 65mm, box types B-C and D.
58b Drot excavator, issued 1962, length 65mm, box types D and E.
58c DAF Girder Truck, issued 1966, length 75mm, box types E and F.

The two different ways of fixing the cab windows.

George T.
Taniwha

Re: Casting #58

Post by Taniwha »

58a with Grey, Silver and Black plastic wheels:

Cheers,
Gavin
Faceless Bureaucrats have feelings too...
fintail

Post by fintail »

Only a couple for me:

This is another model I think looks amazing with silver wheels, not easy to find a good reasonable one.
fixer

Post by fixer »

Cream instead of off white, not sure how well it shows up on screen but quite a difference in hand
Attachments
20151018_174325-640x360.jpg
20151018_174325-640x360.jpg (30.2 KiB) Viewed 7885 times
reg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I can confirm the deeper Cream colour of the DAF posted by Reg above as I was with Him when he aquired it. Everything on the models looks 'Factory', no messing about with the Base rivet and no signs of a re-paint, nice little addition to Reg's ever growing collection.

GHOSTHUNTER.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I can also add these Two...
DSC06582.JPG
DSC06582.JPG (42.85 KiB) Viewed 7874 times
After lunch I went back in to the toy fair and now without Reg with me, I spent some serious Money and picked up some duplicate models, and these Two Silver Cloud models were thrust in my direction as being special. I said to the dealer the reason for the colour change was due to one model is from the England production and the other is from MACAU production.

More pictures and info elsewhere on the forum.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
Miller

Post by Miller »

Today i got another DAF girder truck, this time with a full set of girders Image

New arrivals always are checked for variations and so the DAFs got their first inspection. I didn´t do that earlier, because i only had one with and one without towguide and didn´t care about the colors. But now i´m totally confused after checking Nicks guide. It says...

The baseplate was modified by the addition of a towing guide being molded in, Around about the time the towing guide was added the colour of the plastic used for the grille was changed to a brighter more orangy red

My problem is - all three bases without towguide are the brighter orangy red! could it be, that this color was the first issue followed by the darker red later on? This "mistake" (if its one) is not only in the text, it´s also in the variations list...
Girder 003.jpg
Girder 003.jpg (79.37 KiB) Viewed 7661 times
Girder 002.jpg
Girder 002.jpg (63.47 KiB) Viewed 7661 times
Roland

Variations are bad for limited showcases
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

On my Macbook Pro screen, in the top picture, the Two models with Towing Guide have a darker Red plastic base section.

In the bottom picture, the Three models without Towing Guide are brighter Red than the Two models with a Tow Guide.

Not sure whats going here, but you may have highlighted a mistake in the code listing that needs correcting ASAP.

Ghosthunter.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:On my Macbook Pro screen, in the top picture, the Two models with Towing Guide have a darker Red plastic base section.

In the bottom picture, the Three models without Towing Guide are brighter Red than the Two models with a Tow Guide.

Not sure whats going here, but you may have highlighted a mistake in the code listing that needs correcting ASAP.

Ghosthunter.
I agree with you Kevin, the models with the tow guide do have a deeper red shade to the cab baseplate in the images above.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"