Anyone win the #5 Lotus Europa without Superfast on base?

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
Brad Pittiful

Anyone win the #5 Lotus Europa without Superfast on base?

Post by Brad Pittiful »

was watching this auction last night...was wondering if anyone won this from our group of collectors? it had a blue with open bumper ends and no superfast on the base and a later issue in pink...i was outbid

here is a pic

Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
motorman

Re: Anyone win the #5 Lotus Europa without Superfast on base

Post by motorman »

l didnt see this one Dan. Was it a USA seller? What did it sell for?
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

motorman wrote:l didnt see this one Dan. Was it a USA seller? What did it sell for?
yes it was a usa seller...it sold for $45.50...a mega bargain...but my limited budget i couldnt go higher
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
motorman

Post by motorman »

I couldn't remember if my open bumper has the Superfast base, so a quick check and as you can see it does!!

I cant beleive i missed that Europa Dan, I keep an eye on ebay America but this one passed me by :(
Attachments
MY OPEN BUMPER LOTUS WITH SUPERFAST BASE
MY OPEN BUMPER LOTUS WITH SUPERFAST BASE
open bumper lotus.jpg (63.12 KiB) Viewed 2470 times
MOTORMAN

Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

i am looking for open bumper ends...bonus was finding no superfast...ive lost so many models because i dont have the money to bid higher...oh well

we all miss auctions...i missed a no brace #30 crane a few months ago for 9 dollars cause i forgot about the auction...so it was relisted and i was out bid...i hate that
motorman

Post by motorman »

Brad Pittiful wrote:i am looking for open bumper ends...bonus was finding no superfast...ive lost so many models because i dont have the money to bid higher...oh well

we all miss auctions...i missed a no brace #30 crane a few months ago for 9 dollars cause i forgot about the auction...so it was relisted and i was out bid...i hate that
As you know Dan being outbid is part of life as a collector (unless you have deep German pockets) so dont get disheartened as it has happened to us all!
MOTORMAN

Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

motorman wrote:
Brad Pittiful wrote:i am looking for open bumper ends...bonus was finding no superfast...ive lost so many models because i dont have the money to bid higher...oh well

As you know Dan being outbid is part of life as a collector (unless you have deep German pockets) so dont get disheartened as it has happened to us all!
i used to have deep pockets...but i wasnt stupid either...i saw something i set my price and went from there...i wasnt a bidiot...i never bid early...i wait for the end of the auction...i got some great bargains...and i paid up on some models...i think in the end it was a wash and im pretty even on things...just sucks now to know i may never see some of these models come by again...being out bid is part of it i know but the worst is...forgetting about an auction...thats my biggest aggravation :lol:
mbox2000

Post by mbox2000 »

Gosh Brad, I've looked for this one forever. I pull up every one I see but unfortunately was camping at the lake this past week and didn't see it. You know there will always be another one. Hang in there. :(
Mbox2000 / Jay
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Looks very fine to me - oxidised baseplate that appears never to have been chemically plated. Either an odd baseplate thrown into the standard production run or an early car hand assembled perhaps pre-mass production. Would be good to see photos of rivits and body to see if any other odd minor details present..........
jimgallegos

Post by jimgallegos »

Beautiful model. I bought one 3 years ago at the Gathering. It was in a $5 pile. Was near mint no box.
Jim G.Come join us at the 2019 Gathering in New Mexico. 19-21 July 2097. email me @ matchb0x1@aol.com for information