Re: MOTORMANS FINDS

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
motorman

Post by motorman »

Well i really enjoyed the Carlisle meet today. I went there with a crisp Ten pound note in my pocket, It was the last of this months fun vouchers so i knew i would probably come home empty handed, thankfully i was very wrong.

I managed to get a nice minty #35 Merryweather Fire Engine with pre pro ladder.
Attachments
20150315_183849.jpg
20150315_183849.jpg (48.49 KiB) Viewed 662 times
20150315_183925.jpg
20150315_183925.jpg (61.32 KiB) Viewed 662 times
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Alex, can you clarify why the Brown ladder on your 'Merryweather' is a 'Pre-Pro'.

GHOSTHUNTER.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Alex, can you clarify why the Brown ladder on your 'Merryweather' is a 'Pre-Pro'.

GHOSTHUNTER.
I am basing this on Nicks site which i will quote below

"A white plastic ladder on the roof completed this fine toy, however pre-production 1969 made black, tan or red ladders exist and some very rare examples have been found on otherwise standard Merryweathers."
MOTORMAN

johnboy

Post by johnboy »

motorman wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Alex, can you clarify why the Brown ladder on your 'Merryweather' is a 'Pre-Pro'.

GHOSTHUNTER.

"A white plastic ladder on the roof completed this fine toy, however pre-production 1969 made black, tan or red ladders exist and some very rare examples have been found on otherwise standard Merryweathers."
I have a couple of tan ladders (so they're definitely pre-pro's, stop causing trouble Ghosty!) :D
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
motorman

Post by motorman »

johnboy wrote:
motorman wrote:

GHOSTHUNTER.

I have a couple of tan ladders (so they're definitely pre-pro's, stop causing trouble Ghosty!) :D
Thanks JB, God you are such a trouble maker Ghosthunter!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
MOTORMAN

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Original Merryweather ladders do not have the small 'End-Pips', these were added to the ladder specifically for the Y-6 Rolls-Royce 'Fire Engine' and then found their way onto the Merryweather from 1977 onwards, which really only means the Twin-Pack versions. Look at the model posted by "dmat", smooth at both ends and the genuine Tan ladder is like this, all ladders with 'End-Pips' small or large, are normal production issues and have come from the Rolls-Royce!
''dmat'' image.jpg
''dmat'' image.jpg (62.35 KiB) Viewed 651 times
Or have I missed something...!!

GHOSTHUNTER.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Johnboy, pictures please of your ladders to make my above posting true or false...!

Ghosty.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

There you go again Ghosty, causing mischief. I know about your games (I'll show you my pips if you show me yours, etc). Actually I know about the Rolls ladders but Christain has a number of pipped ladders of different colours on his pre-pro pictures, so I actually find it quite confusing.
John
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Johnboy, pictures please of your ladders to make my above posting true or false...!

Ghosty.
Kevin i remain unconvinced and don't buy into this "PIP" theory just yet ;) How do YOU explain the tan ladders on my 1969 issue?
Last edited by motorman on Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOTORMAN

johnboy

Post by johnboy »

motorman wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Johnboy, pictures please of your ladders to make my above posting true or false...!

Ghosty.
Kevin i remain unconvinced and don't buy into this "PIP" theory just yet ;)
yeah right, it gives me the pip.
John