Is it Orange or Pink?

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
motorman

Is it Orange or Pink?

Post by motorman »

I have just won a #8 SF Wildcat Dragster with an Orange baseplate. The listing stated the bodywork was pink and the image was a little unclear, so i emailed the seller asking for clarification as i had never seen a Pink wildcat with an orange baseplate. The seller emailed me back stating the body was pink so i thought what the hell lets see this pink dragster with orange base. (Unheard of as far as i know)

Well it arrived today and it is Orange with an orange base. It seems that the orange and Pink wildcats can look very similar in colour as this seller was convinced it was pink and not orange!! :lol:
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
johnboy

Re: Is it Orange or Pink?

Post by johnboy »

motorman wrote:I have just won a #8 SF Wildcat Dragster with an Orange baseplate. The listing stated the bodywork was pink and the image was a little unclear, so i emailed the seller asking for clarification as i had never seen a Pink wildcat with an orange baseplate. The seller emailed me back stating the body was pink so i thought what the hell lets see this pink dragster with orange base. (Unheard of as far as i know)

Well it arrived today and it is Orange with an orange base. It seems that the orange and Pink wildcats can look very similar in colour as this seller was convinced it was pink and not orange!! :lol:
Don't tell me the seller was TuT :D
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
fixer

Post by fixer »

johnboy wrote:
motorman wrote:I have just won a #8 SF Wildcat Dragster with an Orange baseplate. The listing stated the bodywork was pink and the image was a little unclear, so i emailed the seller asking for clarification as i had never seen a Pink wildcat with an orange baseplate. The seller emailed me back stating the body was pink so i thought what the hell lets see this pink dragster with orange base. (Unheard of as far as i know)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

johnboy wrote:

No it wasn't JB, and for the avoidance of doubt I wll not have anything to do with that low life scumball faking assh**e EVER AGAIN!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Please do not mention his name in my company as i am liable to explode!!
MOTORMAN

fixer

Post by fixer »

TuT TuT TuT Al temper temper :D
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

fixer wrote:TuT TuT TuT Al temper temper :D
It's ok Reg i am currently in the Lotus position with inscence burning around me........all is calm!!! :)
MOTORMAN

David Tilley

Post by David Tilley »

That is often the problem with the orange/pink scenario. There are so many shades from one to another going through salmons that often one will look a little like another if placed next to a proper orange or pink. I often get the same with the Lamborghini Marzel. It is so difficult to describe a shade correctly.

:) :D :P