Faker alert

Anything eBay, Tell us your story, win lose or warn!
nickjones
Site Admin

Faker alert

Post by nickjones »

Faker alert.
Matchboxtom is now selling repro models bought from nik_stil [the guy in greece] as genuine pre pros.
Example 55 cortina and 70 Ferrari
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
leonty24

Re: Faker alert

Post by leonty24 »

Thanks NICK wondered how he found so many rare and not seen before models
motorman

Post by motorman »

Blinga has also sold Nik-Stil customs as genuine pre pros in the past for hundreds of pounds!!!

"Unfortunately" Nik-Stil does a particularly good custom and normally glues the rivet posts so many collectors would be none the wiser. I would like to get Nik to join the forum as his customs are amazing with such details as including the recolouring of interior and roof plastics, he is certainly skilled in what he does but unfortunately others have seen an opportunity to cash in!!! I think Nik would be unhappy to know that others are profiting from his skills, considering he sells his customs for around 50 euros!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Are you 100% sure Nick ?
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

motorman wrote:Blinga has also sold Nik-Stil customs as genuine pre pros in the past for hundreds of pounds!!!

"Unfortunately" Nik-Stil does a particularly good custom and normally glues the rivet posts so many collectors would be none the wiser. I would like to get Nik to join the forum as his customs are amazing with such details as including the recolouring of interior and roof plastics, he is certainly skilled in what he does but unfortunately others have seen an opportunity to cash in!!! I think Nik would be unhappy to know that others are profiting from his skills, considering he sells his customs for around 50 euros!!
He should Mark them on the base and because he doesn't then for me, he is part of the problem. There are a few of us who deal in GENUINE Pre Pro's and its things like this that really piss me off as it devalues both value and collectability. Nothing but a common theif in my eyes.
numi

Post by numi »

Matchboxtom -Thomas David Gillan (Uk) is a thief and confidence trickster!
The Green Ferrari has the No shaved off and the color is lighter & brighter.
The Green Cortina has the base patent shaved off as well.The dark yellow interior comes off a Bulgarian specimen.In fact Nik uses most Bulgarian components in his creations.
numi
Last edited by numi on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Numi, I thought his name was Tom ?
motorman

Post by motorman »

tjlglass wrote:
motorman wrote:Blinga has also sold Nik-Stil customs as genuine pre pros in the past for hundreds of pounds!!!

He should Mark them on the base and because he doesn't then for me, he is part of the problem. There are a few of us who deal in GENUINE Pre Pro's and its things like this that really piss me off as it devalues both value and collectability. Nothing but a common theif in my eyes.
I appreciate what you are saying Tim but nik-stil is not a common thief he sells his customs as just that Customs and his listings are quite clear and he asks a nominal amount usually 50 euro for his creations. That said i have to agree that it would be preferable if he marked his customs in some way.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
numi

Post by numi »

tjlglass wrote:Numi, I thought his name was Tom ?
Thanks Tj.Thomas is his name but Tom for short i presume.Could also be spelt THIEF. Eitherway he is a criminal and should be put behind bars.
numi
Last edited by numi on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Al I wasn't referring to Nik in my comment, just the other two thiefs. Having said that I still believe that the bases should be marked as his creations are causing a lot of future fraud.