Fraud alert???

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
Butlercustom

Fraud alert???

Post by Butlercustom »

A friend sent me the picture of the jeep and asked if it was real. Then I looked at the other items the sellers have for sale.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1566691266
motorman

Re: Fraud alert???

Post by motorman »

No fraud the seller states in his description that the model is not original and he creates them in his spare time. These models should not fool an experienced collector.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Butlercustom

Post by Butlercustom »

Yeah I just wish they were listed as custom not rare.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Butlercustom wrote:Yeah I just wish they were listed as custom not rare.
I agree however potential buyers should make sure they read the listing in its entirety.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

It would help if sellers were clear in their item titles. It might help prevent the odd bidiot from impulse bidding based on the photo/title alone (which does happen) and it would also stop lots of ebayers, who aren't interested in code 3's/customs, from wasting time scrolling down to read the description.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

I too would prefer the model not be listed as "rare." It is rare as there are not too many like this, but I would like to see that term used only for rare factory made models and not customs. I hope the fire chief does not have to go out on cold or rainy days. :(
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Moyboy

Post by Moyboy »

Very Rare - only one I made ! I get fed up browsing through all the mdae models these days. I wish ebay would have a code 3 cat for these ones to save me a lot of time. I think Ebay Germany is almost 60% code 3 models nowadays.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Moyboy wrote:Very Rare - only one I made ! I get fed up browsing through all the mdae models these days. I wish ebay would have a code 3 cat for these ones to save me a lot of time. I think Ebay Germany is almost 60% code 3 models nowadays.
ebay.uk has a code 3 category (toys & games/diecast & vehicles/code3. There's around 660 listings at the moment and most seem to be decals, spare parts, etc.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels