A few items I picked up over the last few months. SF edition

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
Brad Pittiful

A few items I picked up over the last few months. SF edition

Post by Brad Pittiful »

here is what i have found over the last few months in the transitionals that i collect

#55 mercury with blue dome light

a few years ago i acquired more trailers than the motorcycles...now its opposite...i have a few extra bikes with no trailers for them haha...but thats ok as i was able to finally get the correct trailer for the green colored bike and then i could put the purple bike with the correct early SF trailer

i have these two blue/green bikes reserved for two trailers i may never find...an orange RW trailer with decal and the SF trailer with decal...the search keeps going!

#23 VW camper with fuel filler door

Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
motorman

Re: A few items I picked up over the last few months. SF edi

Post by motorman »

Nice SF finds Dan. I have also been looking for the SF motorbike trailer with decals without success. I will continue the hunt!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

motorman wrote:Nice SF finds Dan. I have also been looking for the SF motorbike trailer with decals without success. I will continue the hunt!!
Might this variation be as a result of the Lesney decal sell off, just a thought.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
motorman

Post by motorman »

nickjones wrote:
motorman wrote:Nice SF finds Dan. I have also been looking for the SF motorbike trailer with decals without success. I will continue the hunt!!
Might this variation be as a result of the Lesney decal sell off, just a thought.
Are you suggesting that trailers found with decals are not factory originals Nick.

What models would these decals have been for if they were not intended to be placed on the motorbike trailer?
MOTORMAN

nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

Hi Alex.
The earliest RW trailer was orange before it was changed to yellow, for the SF era it was kept yellow before being recoloured back to orange.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
motorman

Post by motorman »

Thanks Nick.

If my memory serves me right, i am sure Dan had previously shown a yellow trailer with decal...unless i am mistaken....that is the one i have been looking out for without success.

Dan can you confirm of it was one of your previous posts that featured the yellow trailer with decal??
MOTORMAN

Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

nickjones wrote:
a lot of stuff i keep my eye open for are some that may not be real...but i figger might as well look you never know if one will surface
motorman wrote:Thanks Nick.

If my memory serves me right, i am sure Dan had previously shown a yellow trailer with decal...unless i am mistaken....that is the one i have been looking out for without success.

Dan can you confirm of it was one of your previous posts that featured the yellow trailer with decal??
it was not me
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.