31c Lincoln Continental

one new model to be updated each week
johnboy

31c Lincoln Continental

Post by johnboy »

A couple of small differences here. The internal mouldings inside the boot are larger on the right hand model and the boot lid hinges are shorter. (Both of these are enlarged arch, thin wheel versions, but hollow wheels on the left and solid on the right).
Attachments
IMG_5921.JPG
IMG_5921.JPG (71.33 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
motorman

Re: 31c Lincoln Continental

Post by motorman »

Very interesting JB i will have to go and check mine.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Usually the 'Solid' wheels come before the 'Hollow' wheels, unless the overall castings of this model can be verified as being produced close together on production, then you can get the reverse situation with the wheels as wheels get mixed together in the hoppers.

The castings joining the boot floor to the back-wall (where the second arrow is), are not symmetrical anyway within the model itself so compairing two boots like you have will always show different sizes to those parts, but if a second set of tools has been used to produce this model (very likely), you may well see differences around the components.

The actual Hinges or Hinge-arms I can not comment on as I don't see clearly any difference you describe, sorry Johnboy.

Someone with several examples of this model will come forward with their findings, hopefully!

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote: The actual Hinges or Hinge-arms I can not comment on as I don't see clearly any difference you describe, sorry Johnboy.
You really are blind Ghosty.......should have gone to specsavers mate!!! Dont worry JB the difference in the Hinges is very clear to those of us who eat our carrots!!!!! :lol: :lol:
MOTORMAN

johnboy

Post by johnboy »

motorman wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote: The actual Hinges or Hinge-arms I can not comment on as I don't see clearly any difference you describe, sorry Johnboy.
You really are blind Ghosty.......should have gone to specsavers mate!!! Dont worry JB the difference in the Hinges is very clear to those of us who eat our carrots!!!!! :lol: :lol:

:lol: "What's up Doc?"
John
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

When enlarged on screen these differences are obvious but in the hand 1:1 they represent less than 1mm so are actually very difficult to notice with the eyes............
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Sorry Guys, I think I can see what "Johnboy" was meaning now, but did not notice this earlier and what he meant was the measurement across the Hinge-Arm as opposed to the length of the Arm.
Lincoln Hinges.JPG
Lincoln Hinges.JPG (47.45 KiB) Viewed 2292 times
Sorry Johnboy, I was not concentrating, I thought I saw a strange person wondering around outside my window earlier, trying to see what was on my computer...

Ghosty.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Sorry Guys, I think I can see what "Johnboy" was meaning now, but did not notice this earlier and what he meant was the measurement across the Hinge-Arm as opposed to the length of the Arm.
Lincoln Hinges.JPG
Sorry Johnboy, I was not concentrating, I thought I saw a strange person wondering around outside my window earlier, trying to see what was on my computer...

Ghosty.
Sorry for the delay again Ghosty, I've just got home :D If you look at the hinges, they are slightly different in height, depth and width (if that makes sense).
John
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Sorry Guys, I think I can see what "Johnboy" was meaning now, but did not notice this earlier and what he meant was the measurement across the Hinge-Arm as opposed to the length of the Arm.
Ghosty.
Duh!!! :roll:
MOTORMAN

mbox75

Post by mbox75 »

Hi Everyone

wider or narrower window frames.

Cheers Mathias
SITE ADMIN WARNING: ANY PRE-PRODUCTION MODELS PICTURED IN THIS POST BY MBOX75 MAY BE FAKES!