Edit your pictures.

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
GHOSTHUNTER

Edit your pictures.

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Most members have their pictures saved on a website such as 'Photobucket', a very popular and well known photo sharing site.

PLEASE NOTE...Photobucket no longer offer any FREE 3rd party hosting. To use them yuou must have a paid for account.

Other members such as Myself, still prefere to upload pictures directly from their computer, but most sites including this one, have a file size limit and for this site, it is 256KB. This means any pictures stored on your PC that you have saved from your camera, will be too big in the physical size and the file size.

All you need to do, is make a copy of your picture you want to upload, then open up this copy in the 'Paint program', click on 'Image', scroll down to 'Resize' and change the percentage values from the 100% shown, to 40% and save.

By making a copy first, you will still have your original picture in it's original file size, it has not been changed.

GHOSTHUNTER.

P.S.
As Photography plays a big part in creating your pictures in the first place, here is a link to the 'Photography' thread which is 'On-Going' so keep popping in to see what else has been added.
...viewtopic.php?f=5&t=96
Last edited by GHOSTHUNTER on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nickjones
Site Admin

Re: Edit your pictures.

Post by nickjones »

Hi Ghosthunter.
The limits on file size uploads can be increased fairly easily, but as you can see on the 70b thread if you use the 'upload attachment' tab located below the reply box much larger pics can be uploaded.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Nick,

Yes I saw those very large pictures of the 70b, but I think some browsers may have problems displaying such large file sizes, to view them Myself, I had to reduce the whole screen size with a zoom function on my browser's tab settings, not a problem for me, but others may not know this can be done to their screens.

While on the subject of pictures, I am happy to talk about pictures and picture problems within this thread and try and answer any questions relating to pictures.

Regards,
GHOSTHUNTER.
Last edited by GHOSTHUNTER on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

If you see members pictures within a 'slider' box, put your cursor on the picture and left click. This will open up the larger version. I have borrowed a picture from johnboy, (all copyright protected I trust...!!!), to show how so many pictures will be displayed, in a box with side and bottom 'slider' controls. NOW LEFT CLICK THIS PICTURE AND YOU WILL SEE THE FULL SIZE VERSION of this posting, not johnboy's picture.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Attachments
CLICK TO OPEN LARGER.jpg
CLICK TO OPEN LARGER.jpg (61.97 KiB) Viewed 18737 times
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

lol, This reminds me of the first time I tried to edit a photo for my website, I was trying to resize a photo that was 2800 pixels wide to one 600 pixels wide, Easy I thought but I forgot to delete the 2800 before typing in my 600 so the photo was resized to 2800600 pixels, about the size of a football pitch lol
Nick Jones.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:If you see members pictures within a 'slider' box, put your cursor on the picture and left click. This will open up the larger version. I have borrowed a picture from johnboy, (all copyright protected I trust...!!!), to show how so many pictures will be displayed, in a box with side and bottom 'slider' controls. NOW LEFT CLICK THIS PICTURE AND YOU WILL SEE THE FULL SIZE VERSION of this posting, not johnboy's picture.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Hi GH, you can use my pictures anytime, have you still got my paypal addy? ;) Thanks for the left-click tip.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

Hi John.
Would you mind telling us all how you got your avatar pic to show?.
Nick Jones.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

nickjones wrote:Hi John.
Would you mind telling us all how you got your avatar pic to show?.
Hi Nick, if you click "user control panel" and then the profile tab, there is an "edit avatar" option.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
motorman

Post by motorman »

Nick,

Is it possible to get the size of the avatar option increased as it does not allow for any reasonably sized avatar?

motorman
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
motorman

Post by motorman »

:o Why are my posts still requiring to be moderated, It really is very frustrating! :o
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"