Re: The 'Holy Grail' Listing.

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
motorman

Post by motorman »

Let me throw a rare Superfast into the mix then. My very rare Amber glass Gruesome Twosome #4
Attachments
2013-04-22 21.40.27.jpg
2013-04-22 21.40.27.jpg (59.19 KiB) Viewed 20223 times
Last edited by motorman on Thu May 08, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
motorman

Post by motorman »

Another one of my very rare and hard to find Superfast's the #33 Lamborghini Muira with Dot/Dash wheels
Attachments
2014-01-17 21.47.56.jpg
2014-01-17 21.47.56.jpg (44.08 KiB) Viewed 20222 times
MOTORMAN

fixer

Post by fixer »

#45 Ford Group 6 non metallic paint and unpainted base, pictured next to a regular metallic version
Attachments
DSC_0471_20140506201423040.jpg
DSC_0471_20140506201423040.jpg (163.59 KiB) Viewed 20121 times
reg
kerbside

Re: Superfast holy grails

Post by kerbside »

To my way thinking these three Superfast models are rare, as are many of the Transitional models.

George T.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

First off, a big thank's to Nick for putting this 'Holy Grail' thread here for 'Superfast' models, and making it 'Sticky' (keeping it at the top of the page), and judging by the responce to the first 'Holy Grail' section (now officially 'Regular Wheel' models only), it promises to be full of interesting comments and views.

"Alex" originally posted the two models above in that first section, because he was so keen to get involved and I had not fully made it clear what was going to be posted, but started of with the yellow 'Prime Mover' he then added a 'Superfast' making me think this will be a mixed section, but it has now been decided to have seperate sections

So, if you have no interest in 'Regular Wheel' Matchbox models, you probably have not read the first postings in that section, so I need to explain what this thread is about.

You can post pictures of models that have been established as 'Very Rare', models that have come from full production but in non-standard colours, usually because of the shortage of supplies and they tend to come from the very beginning of production or the very end of production where a colour has been used to complete a production run.

Casting variations, transistions and limited editions are not for this section, they are likely to have been well covered in their relevant sections.

A dark bronze #33 Lamborghini with red interior is the sort of model you can post here, as the dark colour is too far from a mere colour shade, more like a substitute colour to keep production going or used at the end of the production run for this model (experts on this model are welcome to correct me on this), so I see this as a 'Very Rare' model (six members will now come forward with one, proving it is only 'HTF').

GHOSTHUNTER.
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

I hope that when you say no transistions models you are not refuring to the Transitional as some of these are very rare, and differ in colours to what the later superfast model with the same # such as these ones below, also some of the boxes are rather rare too, at least very HTF.

George T.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Sorry Ghosty but I agree with George, many of the transitional Superfasts models and their respective boxes can be considered rare, such as that beautiful Blue SF#46 George has just posted an image of, and as such i feel should have a place here.

Novice collectors looking in this section should be able to learn to distinguish between the more common place transitionals and their rare siblings. IMHO
MOTORMAN

Dr Jazz

Post by Dr Jazz »

Wow that blue 46 merc..... :o

Bring more of those, but also normal rare Superfast models.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

THE Rt HONOURABLE GHOSTY DOES A U-TURN ON HIS PARTY'S POLICY...

Hello Guys, despite my reservations about including 'TRANSITION' models in the 'Holy Grail' section, I have decided they will be OK to be posted here.

I have cracked under pressure from some well respected members of the forum and I agree there are some very nice, very rare examples out there and I know you can get more than one example of the same Transitional model in your collection, so yes, they are now 'IN'.

GHOSTHUNTER.
motorman

Post by motorman »

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! :D :D :D :D
MOTORMAN