The 'Holy Grail' Listing.

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
GHOSTHUNTER

The 'Holy Grail' Listing.

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The 'Holy Grail' Listing is a place on the forum where anyone can see the established Most Wanted models.

These are models that we know exist and have pictures of...

...models that were painted in non-standard catalogued colours or very short production run colours (Vauxhall Victor 'F' Type in RED).
...models fitted with non-standard wheels or short production run wheels (Phantom V with SILVER-GREY wheels).

They will not be 'Transition Models', casting variations, limited editions, promotionals or anything like those, that's all taken care of elsewhere on the forum.

This is not a thread, it will be a sort of Gallery of those types of models and somewhere to go to see such a rare model. As a new forum member, I would like to see just what collectors are chasing for their collections, if during a conversation on one of the threads a certain model is mentioned, such as the 'Prime Mover' in Yellow, all you have to do is go into this section (made sticky so it stays at the top of the page), and see a picture of one.

Likewise, collectors outside of the forum can come in knowing there is a Gallery of such rare models, to look at for their own research purposes etc.

If this has been done already then forget what you see above. If it has been tried already and did not work...why? it seems like a good idea and somewhere we can go to see such rare and desirable models.

At toy fairs I get asked a lot of Matchbox related questions and now, with my membership to this forum, I can give more informed answers, but it would be even better to tell the other person that "yes, it does exist and it can be seen on our forum (the VBD Forum), we have a picture of it".

I am going to add the first rare model below, but if Nick feels this is not presented correctly then please Nick, modify what you want, so it fits-in with the forum's requirements, but it really should be 'Sticky', OK.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Attachments
No.15, Prime Mover..jpg
No.15, Prime Mover..jpg (78.46 KiB) Viewed 19670 times
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: The 'Holy Grail' Listing.

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I just need to add these few comments.

The 'Holy Grail' Listing is not 'MY' wish list, yes I wouldn't mind some of those real precious models, its a place where I can see those precious models. I understand that not all of those types of models have been found or photographed, so until they are discovered and photographed, they don't appear on the listing.

So, please any forum members with that elusive model you are sitting on, now is the time to get it photographed and displayed here (no descriptions, it must be photographed), and because of my first picture above, I now know what a yellow 'Prime Mover' looks like!

GHOSTHUNTER.
Last edited by GHOSTHUNTER on Tue May 06, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

so let me understand...you want to make this a thread full of pics of rare models for people to see since many havent or wont be able to see these? if so sounds cool

well id like to add a couple rare #30 eight wheel cranes...the turquoise color and no rear brace

Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Here are some type "A" models, not all rare but hard to locate.

1a The Yellow/Green model.

11a The Green Tanker.

15a The Yellow model.

27a The two-tone Blue model

30a Light Blue Model.

Some more tomorrow.

George T
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Guys, that's fine and including a short description as to why it is a rare or 'HTF' model will help other less informed forum members (such as myself), to understand why.

If this idea catches on and forum members like it, I was going to put the same for 'Superfasts' and 'Yesteryears', I will just add that maybe we should keep it all "Matchbox" here and allow the Corgi and Dinky areas to have their own 'Holy Grail' Listing, OK!

I still think it should be 'Sticky' so it is easily found and I, or any one else can compile a list of the models posted here, as a quick reference to what we have got so far and keep it updated, hence the 'Sticky' request.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Last edited by GHOSTHUNTER on Thu May 08, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Ghosty,

I personaly think the "Holy Grail" listing Sticky should be split up into the different matchbox categories RW, SF, YY etc and the seperate stickies placed under the relevant group heading so that collectors don't have to look through endless postings of models that may not fit their collecting criteria to find what they are looking for.

Can i add that i think this is a good idea but very quickly could become quite random as far as the postings are concerned Perhaps listing seperate model numbers for members to post there rare examples might be a better way to present the listings.

just my thoughts. :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hello Alex, Yes that was my original intention, and if Nick agrees with this, then I will put a 'Holy Grail' listing heading in each of those sections, so for example, someone looking for the Maroon Spyker, won't have to scroll through loads of 'Regular Wheel' postings to find it.

On your second point...This would work if I personally knew what examples of models have a 'Rare' or 'HTF' version, I don't, not until one turns up on the forum, such as the light blue #30a posted by "Kerbside", I did not know of that particular model. I could just post a model catalogue number list (1-75), and wait for members to post a model into it, but it then makes this thread/gallery more difficult to manage, so for now lets see how it develops, it's an idea we might have to come back to.

Thank's for your input Alex, much appreciated and please other forum members do the same, come forward with ideas.

GHOSTHUNTER.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Here is a red Vauxhall Victor #45. This is the first production colour, but changed to yellow shortly after the model was introduced, not sure why, TRI-ANG MINIC released their big 20th scale Victor in red and that looks OK!

GHOSTHUNTER.
Attachments
No.45, Vauxhall Victor in Red..jpg
No.45, Vauxhall Victor in Red..jpg (46.75 KiB) Viewed 19582 times
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

purple vw 1600tl

Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
fixer

Post by fixer »

15b Rotinoff Super Atlantic with grey wheels, this example is Nicks code 3 with the smaller 10x24 spare wheel
Attachments
DSC_0471_20140506201526459.jpg
DSC_0471_20140506201526459.jpg (164.48 KiB) Viewed 19568 times
reg