DY1 1967 "E" Type Jaguar 1.5

For all Matchbox made Dinky toys
Wolfie Ginsburg

DY1 1967 "E" Type Jaguar 1.5

Post by Wolfie Ginsburg »

I shall try to add one each week when I can, concentrating on Code 1 models (those on public sale) not special Codes 2s of which there are many.

I'm not sure why my photos have been cropped on the right - if you click on ythe photos I think you will see the whole car

The first Jaguar one made in Macau

The following two were made in China

and the pewter Special

I collect Matchbox Toys - big and small

GHOSTHUNTER

Re: DY1 1967 "E" Type Jaguar 1.5

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hello Wolfie,

Have you looked at my thread on Matchbox made Dinky Toys, it's just near the title of your thread. In it, I am listing in order of issue the standard models marketed by 'Matchbox Inernational' as 'The Dinky Collection' but not any 'Coded isues' so your thread is a welcome addition to mine.

Be carefull with your pictures, you are close to cropping the edges by default of the platform you are using to store them on, such as 'Photobucket' Etc. I would pull back away from the model a bit more and try and keep the camera steady, the pictures are not as sharp as I expect they could be. I have two threads on this forum, in 'The Lounge' section dealing with picture problems and editing images for the forum. Go and have a little look in there and see if any tips can help you. They are ongoing topics so keep looking in to see what I have added, photography is a very big subject with lots of DOES and DON'TS.

I look forward to seeing more of your models,

Regards,
GHOSTHUNTER.
superfastkid

Post by superfastkid »

Love this model, here's another...

Cheers
Superfastkid
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

Thanks for posting this superfastkid.
The first proposal for this Jaguar, a very rare model by Matchbox R&D.
Is this from your collection?

marcel
matchboxmarcel
superfastkid

Post by superfastkid »

Hi Marcel,

No worries! Yes, I was lucky to find this at a car boot sale, the seller said his Dad worked as a toy buyer for Woolworths and received it as a gift when he visited Matchbox, it had been in the loft for years, was quite a bargain too :)

Cheers
Superfastkid