#36 Hot Rod Draguar

one new model to be updated each week
vetrad

#36 Hot Rod Draguar

Post by vetrad »

This is a case where I think there is an error in the guide. I am skeptical the #36 Hot Rod Draguar ever came in pink with a foil Draguar label. I think earlier catalogs may have made an error by listing these variations and they get transcribed to other guides.
Taniwha

Re: #36 Hot Rod Draguar

Post by Taniwha »

I agree this is likely - it never seemed right to me that the labels would be revived for a short run so much later on.

Of course the labels are easily swapped too...

Cheers,
Gavin
Faceless Bureaucrats have feelings too...
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

Metallic pink examples with Draguar labels most definitely exist. For example Andy Mohr has one which is pictured on my website.

However, I am unable to verify if those models had the labels applied during regular production in the factory, or if leftover labels were applied at later dates outside the factory.
motorman

Post by motorman »

I know that Rob Freeman had a Pink #36 with silver boot label and sold it at his Vectis Auction in 2012 for £80 plus commish!

Oddly enough, I have not seen one since.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
ChFalkensteiner

motorman wrote:I know that Rob Freeman had a Pink #36 with silver boot label and sold it at his Vectis Auction in 2012 for £80 plus commish!
I personally think people should never pay that much money for such items, for this only prompts others to "make" more of them privately.

However, I know there are those collectors who happily throw their money away at anything that looks unusual (no matter how doubtful it is), and I am unable to stop them... :(
vetrad

Post by vetrad »

ChFalkensteiner wrote:
However, I am unable to verify if those models had the labels applied during regular production in the factory, or if leftover labels were applied at later dates outside the factory.
Leftover labels applied outside the factory makes sense. Or perhaps workers came across extra labels well into this model production and applied them to a short run, but that seems unlikely.

The only examples I see are perfectly mint. If it was a production model, I would expect to see more playworn or blistered examples out there. Perhaps others have found them?
ChFalkensteiner

vetrad wrote: The only examples I see are perfectly mint. If it was a production model, I would expect to see more playworn or blistered examples out there. Perhaps others have found them?
I agree, and I have not.
just_lesney

Post by just_lesney »

I know someone who has a roll of these labels left over from the factory, however, to my knowledge they have never let anyone have a label for the reason stated above.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

just_lesney wrote:I know someone who has a roll of these labels left over from the factory, however, to my knowledge they have never let anyone have a label for the reason stated above.
There were so many left over labels that came out of the factory that many dealers and collectors got some each -some folks dont make fakes and some folks do!
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Hot Rod Draguar with early narrow exhaust braces(left model), most models have the wider braces as shown on the right hand model. Also the "0" on the date is not so pronounced, narrow braces can be found on some early preproduction versions.
P1010015.jpg (175.24 KiB) Viewed 7140 times
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home