Lone Star Rolls Royce

Morestone, Benbros, Charbens, DCMT, Kemlows & Moko.
Ecclesley

Lone Star Rolls Royce

Post by Ecclesley »

Just got this one, to be restored:

Another one, previously restored with some Budgie and Dinky parts:

The quickest way to end a war? Lose it!
See (part of) my collection here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/broadcaster/
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Lone Star Rolls Royce

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

"Ecclesley" won't mind me saying this, but he is nuts about Rolls-Royce and loves giving them his own personal touch. He has done many restorations and even creates models not made by the commercial companies, like a Dinky Toys Silver Wraith with the Bentley grille, hopefully he will show some of them on this forum, as I am sure that some of us collectors also dabble in a bit of model making, so come on Ecclesley, lets have a few more, DON'T BE SHY!

GHOSTHUNTER.
motorman

Post by motorman »

I'll second that, bring it on ecclesley. Lets see some of your Rollers.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I am sure that forum members and in particular Nick Jones, wont mind me mentioning that a few of our members here, including "Cam" and "Ecclesley" are regular members of the 'Planet Diecast' site and if you want to see a lot more of "Ecclesley's" Rolls-Royce customs and restorations, go and have a look as a guest, but please, please remember where the real experts reside.. :lol:

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:I am sure that forum members and in particular Nick Jones, wont mind me mentioning that a few of our members here, including "Cam" and "Ecclesley" are regular members of the 'Planet Diecast' site and if you want to see a lot more of "Ecclesley's" Rolls-Royce customs and restorations, go and have a look as a guest, but please, please remember where the real experts reside.. :lol:

Ghosty.
Bloddy hell Ghosty....a link would have been nice, now i am going to have to type "Planet Diecast" into my search engine and that's going to take me for ever!! :( :( :(

Do i sound like Kevin the teenager???? :D :D :D
MOTORMAN

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

motorman wrote:Bloddy hell Ghosty....a link would have been nice, now i am going to have to type "Planet Diecast" into my search engine and that's going to take me for ever!! :( :( :(

Do i sound like Kevin the teenager???? :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fox

Post by Fox »

Hello you all !

Some of you know me, n'est-ce pas Gerrit ?

Here are some lone-star. Note that the base shows "Silver Cloud II" whatever the car is a Mk II ou Mk III.

And two Silver Cloud II.

Corgi-toys ergo sum
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Ah! I thought there was something familiar about your Quiralu item on the other thread. Hello Gerrit, what happened and why have you had to re-join here after your initial postings, welcome back, nice to see some more from you especially Rolls-Royce of course.

In that other thread, you had the pleasure of generating a reply from "Fixer" about opening a can of worms RE; another Rolls-Royce item for me to get my teeth into, however, now your back with us, I will have to stand down as the resident expert on all things Rolls-Royce and let you take over with your vastly superior amount of knowledge on these cars, so here you go, the stage is all yours.

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Ah! I thought there was something familiar about your Quiralu item on the other thread. Hello Gerrit, what happened and why have you had to re-join here after your initial postings, welcome back, nice to see some more from you especially Rolls-Royce of course.

In that other thread, you had the pleasure of generating a reply from "Fixer" about opening a can of worms RE; another Rolls-Royce item for me to get my teeth into, however, now your back with us, I will have to stand down as the resident expert on all things Rolls-Royce and let you take over with your vastly superior amount of knowledge on these cars, so here you go, the stage is all yours.

Ghosty.
Are you seriously capitulating to another Roller expert Ghosty?? Just who is this "FOX" ??? Image
MOTORMAN

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Yes its true, I have been rumbled at last. I am not the expert you all thought I was. I have been plundering my knowledge and Rolls-Royce models information from another source and he has just rejoined this forum.
A sorry Ghosty.