25c Bedford petrol tanker

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
nearlymint

25c Bedford petrol tanker

Post by nearlymint »

Noticed today that one of my models the rear of the cab is a lot thinner. When you tip the cab up and compare it is very easy to see
I only have this one in my collection. About half the thickness, sorry about the picture my camera is playing up at the moment.
25c.jpg
25c.jpg (68.64 KiB) Viewed 4049 times
Jason
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: 25c Bedford petrol tanker

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

nearlymint wrote: sorry about the picture my camera is playing up at the moment.
25c.jpg
Jason
A bad worker always blames his tools... :lol:
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

Leave it to you Jason to find an odd variation on a model I have lots of spares to look through. If this was not so much fun, I could get upset over your being so sharp on our 'common' early regular wheels. Nice spot on this one yet again. I am after only one of Nick's tomorrow, so mind your manners this time! LOL.....kwakers :lol:
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

Hi Jason
very nice spotted. I must check my spare models. I hope I will manage it after Christmas, because now I have no free time.
Antonin
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

If Jason has only one thin-walled cab in his collection, that makes it unlikely to be simply the result of a tooling difference between paired moulds. Since this is a modification which has resulted in a significant strengthening of the cab, it is probable that the thin-walled version is a very early design (borderline pre-production component) which ended up being used on a production model.
Dr Jazz

Post by Dr Jazz »

Im sorry guys maybe its lost in my translation, but I don't see what we are talking about?? i :shock: :oops: Can someone maybe explain what to look at in the photo? thanks
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Dr Jazz wrote:Im sorry guys maybe its lost in my translation, but I don't see what we are talking about?? i :shock: :oops: Can someone maybe explain what to look at in the photo? thanks
Hi Jazz, I must check mine too, it's the thickness of the cab at the rear. I'm not sure if it's just the area highlighted or if it extends further.
Attachments
25c[1].jpg
25c[1].jpg (74.21 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
Dr Jazz

Post by Dr Jazz »

Hi John

Thanks! I have atleast 10 of those will have a look later :-)
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

I have checked some of my spares quickly and also our collection, but all have the thicker rear cab on them. If I were to take a wild guess Jason, I would say yours has the silver trim on the front grill, and it is in fact very early production. It may in fact be the first (?) casting design that snuck out to the stores in very small numbers. I did check our GPW version and it does not have the silver grill or this thin cab. Great piece! kwakers
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

Ten models checked, all have the thicker cab wall casting.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK